.:|LrK|:. SJ

Does SJ's car sound like a waste of money?

• yes - way too much money for a hyundai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • well at least you did did something acknowlegable to the engine.

• no - money has no value when its well spent!

• Total voters

SJsniperjoe

Hi guys, my name is SniperJoe!, no seriously my names Joe. Im 20 going on 21, I've lived in Maryland for the last 14 years, but before that I lived in Chicago, and was born in Fortworth, Texas. I've always been a fan of video games. Was a fan of first person shooters since Doom, Rise of the Triads, and Wolfenstein. Oh wait a minute, Duck hunt too, lol. I am also into most Racing Games, as long as they have some sort of realistic approach to it. None of that Need for Speed bullshit. I like Gran Tourismo 3 and 4, Tokyo Extreme Racer 3, and Forza Motorsport. I was inspired by cars so much I thought I learn a bit more about suspensions, combustion, and alittle physics in automobiles. Theres alot of easy applicable physics to automobiles, in expensive too. My fist car is and still is a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon... so far I have the following in it starting from what I first got to what I got last:

Altezza Euro Taillights
Clear corner turn signals
underbody neons (cureently not on)
Cuda C1 body kit (original)
MagnaFlow dual catback exhaust (custom) :)
SR Cold Air Intake
Weight Reduced Underdrive/water/crank pulleys
VIS Carbon Fiber Vader hood
H&R Cup Suspension kit (~2.5" lower with high dampening struts)
Kuhmo Ectas Tires 205/15/55 (10mm lower than stock tires)
-and 10mm wider
50% black tint (light) - I used to have mirror tint and 20%. very illegal :(
OBX 4-2-1 Headers (not installed yet) - they just sit in my back seat :(
And a kickass Rockford Fostgate system -the old Punch Z subs
-RF 12" Punch Z's (two of them, 400 max watts ea.)
-RF 600watt 2-channel amp
-Sony Explod motorized head unit w/ remote and frequency variability
-Sony speaker replacements, definately something to look into, small speak upgrade sound way better than stock.

Ok, THats all about me, I think you get the picture now. SOrry I have no recent Pics of my car on the net now.

Werbung:

SJsniperjoe

I added the poll cause I wanna see what peoples views are on hooking up cars. Just want to also mention I love all cars, I am not car biased. It just so happens the car I had was a hyundai. I almost got a 87' Mustang 5.0 fastback.

After a week of voting I'll show how much money I spent on this car.

EMA

SJsniperjoe said:
Hi guys, my name is SniperJoe!, no seriously my names Joe. Im 20 going on 21, I've lived in Maryland for the last 14 years, but before that I lived in Chicago, and was born in Fortworth, Texas.

wow...i was born in grapevine texas(northwest of ft worth) i was born in grapevine but grew up in ft worth...sweetness...hello fellow texan.

Mom's Son

SJsniperjoe said:
MagnaFlow dual catback exhaust (custom)
SR Cold Air Intake
Weight Reduced Underdrive/water/crank pulleys
VIS Carbon Fiber Vader hood
H&R Cup Suspension kit (~2.5" lower with high dampening struts)
Kuhmo Ectas Tires 205/15/55 (10mm lower than stock tires)
-and 10mm wider
OBX 4-2-1 Headers (not installed yet) - they just sit in my back seat :(

Oki, I edited your list those are the only things you should have on your car. Unless you want to be stuck in the social class called " RICERS " Here is a definition of a ricer, and a example picture of one. This stuff by the way is extremely laughed at.

RICER-

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Here is the picture of a rice car:

o0zzsw.jpg

MeanMugginFool

Discipline your son dammit! lol. SJ, I look at it this way, if it is something you enjoy doing, the money you sink into it is well worth it. I have never considered money used for a hobby or to bring one joy to be a waste.

DiLLa

Mom's Son said:
Oki, I edited your list those are the only things you should have on your car. Unless you want to be stuck in the social class called " RICERS " Here is a definition of a ricer, and a example picture of one. This stuff by the way is extremely laughed at.

I can tell by the way you talk, you have no idea what you are talking about..sounds like you have something against ppl with cars hooked up nice...Want to see a REAL RICER?? go to this link because the pic u posted isnt a ricer its a nice civic (granted i wouldnt spend that much on a civic) http://www.riceboypage.com/

Mom's Son said:
A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

~if the car is slow to begin with you are correct, however if you have headers and a cold air intake all together it DOES make a difference. Also supercharged or turbocharged cars get a massive increase in hp with a bigger exhaust

Mom's Son said:
~AGREED
Mom's Son said:
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
~ AGREED
Mom's Son said:
~ forged rims are crucial expensive BUT they are also crucial light
Mom's Son said:
~ the "chicken wire" u speak of also known as mesh is to keep debri from going into the engine bay
Mom's Son said:
~ some ppl dont like that gaudy orange color
Mom's Son said:
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
~ Cold air intakes actually go beneath the engine AWAY from the engine heat, also people get intakes for the fact they dont have to replace the filter every 15 to 30,000 miles. It costs less to buy an intake with a filter that never needs to be replaced
Mom's Son said:
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.
~you have no idea what you are talking about...
what kind of car do you drive?

SJsniperjoe

Mom's Son said:
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Here is the picture of a rice car:

o0zzsw.jpg

OK ok.. I didnt use the term ricer/ ricemobile b/c I felt it might be on the line of racism...

My car is not ricer, no where near ricer. I dont have a fake exhaust that has a no purpose but to make noise, those mufflers sound like gazoos. I have 2 1/4" cat back exhaust. That means its NOT huge, its just the right size for a 2.0L engine. I had neon lights, yes, I admit it. I still have them, there under my bed right now collecting dust. Biggest waste of 200$ ever. I got them when I turned 17 in high school, since a high school kid cant typically afford 1500$ body kits or 3000$ paint jobs. I never liked the aluminum wings that were typically useless on a front wheel drive car. If I had ever got an aluminum wing it would be a functional one and I would also get the front adjustible lip, most likely they would be in Carbon Fiber. I love Carbon Fiber, I think its a beautiful material.

No company stickers on my car, no expensive rims - they just slow you down. I held on to my taillights because I dunno where my stock ones went, lol. SO Im stuck on that part, besides I like them. THey blend nicely with body kits.
The body kit is functional and is a wide body kit, yes it appears lower, but I also lowered my car 2.5" so I dont see any wannbe shit goin on there. And a "performance" Intake? do you think im some kind of idiot? I already told you what my knowledge and background is in cars, you should know or come to under stand that the only performance intake are ones that leave the engine bay or attach to a functional hood scoop like in WRX's - well there intercooler anyway. My intake is heat wrapped and power coated, it leaves the engine bay by exiting under neath. You can see my filter tip by looking undfer my car. Oh and I did get a paint job. Its not gay or or strippy, or flamey. Its a solid color, some sparkle chips - barely noticable amount and its a dark blue. Too bad I got keyed a few times.

Im just sayin I am in no way classified as ricer, alot of people love my car. I never met anyone that truely hates it. I really want to get a hold of a Turbo kit or a supercharger, probably turbo kit... but thats still out of my league in the finances.

After reading dillas post I want to add this edit. Expensive rims like Forged are great, I was talking about 18" or 20" chrome wheels. I like the sporty wheel look like BBS or Enkei M-sports. 17" would be the biggest I'd go for the wider tires and better grip to the road, warning it does ruin your top speed and your acceleration alittle bit, but they ride nice.

DiLLa

rofl animal ...

sj if i were u i wouldn't go higher than 18..20's are for supras that push out 500+ hp bc they wont get enuff traction with 17's

SJsniperjoe

Well i know where I can buy Stage 1 thru 3 Turbo kits, And theres one supercharger kit. The turbo kits push the hp at the wheel to 190-275 or 280 hp. And thats alot of horse power for a little car. 17" wheels look huge on my car. 18" wheels barely fit, you cant turn the steering wheel with out rubbing on a non-lowered Tiburon. lol. I think the supercharger kit from Alpine Developement does about 210hp to the wheel

SJsniperjoe

http://www.evofusionusa.com/TeamSR/Hyundai/tiburon.html

These guys makes some awesome shit for the New Tiburons, I wish they would update some stuff for my car. Check out the v6 turbo kit, lol. its suppose to do well over 400whp The stage 3 turbo kit. They used to have a forum and they posted info about it.

Werbung:

DiLLa

pm me if u want i know a lot about cars. I used to be a mechanic and I was into the import scene..i didnt realize ur wheelwell was so small :p personally i thnk you should stick with a supercharger bc aftermarket turbo's will always be more expensive in the long run...and a supercharger doesnt really have maintenance upkeep...but hey if u got the money to spend then i guess it doesnt really matter