MMO Rumors

radascars

If you are from the UK, you most definitely know who Jonathan Ross is, could say he is the UK version of Jay Leno, the host of "Friday night with Jonathan" for the last decade. In cooperation with Tommy Lee Edwards, a comic artist as well as a film aritst (Batman Begins, Superman Returns etc). the two created a new short comics series called Turf. http://comics.ign.com/articles/108/1082473p1.html
Turf has proven to be very succesful, and a film has been discussed with Mathew Vaught as the director (Mathew just did X-men First class). http://www.slashfilm.com/matthew-vaughn-to-direct-jonathan-ross-turf/
Now rumours are florishing that they are thinking of creating a new MMO as well, based on the Turf universe, to be called Turf Online.
The scene is set in 1929, in a hard gangster world of New York, with Vampires creeping around as well as Aliens and corrupt cops. Sounds like an interesting setup to be followed.

Werbung:

Soulwatcher

It sounds like a great game, but honestly the MMORPG market is way over saturated. There are around 14 MMOPRGS on the market with 2 more coming out at the end of the year. I would seriously think twice before trying to bring anther MMORPG to the market.

iebo00

It sounds like a great game, but honestly the MMORPG market is way over saturated. There are around 14 MMOPRGS on the market with 2 more coming out at the end of the year. I would seriously think twice before trying to bring anther MMORPG to the market.
Yeah but most of the MMOs that come out are based in very similar fantasy settings. It looks like this Turf game would be set in the late 20's gangster era, which could be unique and cool. I think they should get rid of the vampires and aliens and just let people run around pretending to be Al Capone.

Werbung:

oninightmare

Yeah but most of the MMOs that come out are based in very similar fantasy settings. It looks like this Turf game would be set in the late 20's gangster era, which could be unique and cool. I think they should get rid of the vampires and aliens and just let people run around pretending to be Al Capone.

Looks a lot like the game Mafia2. Looks like a decent game though, something different for once, instead of all the fantasy and FPS out there. I think this will be a big hit if they do things right and keep the game realistic.