1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our gamer community by registering for free here

Mute Button

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox and other MS consoles' started by tater03, Aug 10, 2011.

1. tater03

tater03 New Member

Anyone else get tired of hearing kids get nasty with you while playing? I can see getting upset while playing, because you're into the match, but some of the things I have heard are totally uncalled for. Generally I play with friends, but if I'm not I 9 out of 10 times hit the mute when playing online. I refuse to sit in my living room and listen to some kid (and I mean child) run their mouth.

2. LeonardK

LeonardK New Member

Yeah, too many people talk trash for no reason except for that they're safe in their living room. These are the kids that 99% of the time won't dare talk back in real life.

3. Pastulio6267

Pastulio6267 Member

Way more people just yell annoying stuff instead of try to strategist in the game. I end up muting more often than not.

4. saizo6

saizo6 New Member

Ah, the mute button is my friend whenever I'm playing on XBox Live. Listening to people talk trash and other stupid stuff while playing is annoying. My siblings and I make it a policy to mute anyone that has their headset on before the game starts.

5. Jessi

Jessi Member

Ugh. Unless there is something relevant being talked about, then I have no interest in listening to anyone rant and rave. I do get the anonymity of being in your own home and being able to trash talk without consequence, but I hate it nonetheless. I think it makes it even worse when you see all these videos of people trash talking online, both real and parodies, and it somehow normalizes it even more.

6. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 Member

That's exactly why unless I'm playing with people I KNOW, I mute any and all other people.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPA New Member

I don't play online because of the racist, sexist trolls on XBox Live. I just stick to playing offline.

8. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Member

I really don't play that much online as of yet, so I haven't really experienced much of the abuse that I read about. The online play that I did was for Hasbro Family Night and there wasn't much that could be said during Boggle or Battleship. I guess one day, I'll play a few rounds of COD and see what it is really like.

All of the other games that I've wanted to play are said to have better communities overall.

9. micromachne

micromachne New Member

The Mute button has become my best friend in recent years with games. The bottom line is that there are just too many loud ranting people on these games today and unless you're playing with friends, it's best to just have the headset mute