My impressions on BF2

MoneyShot

Well I like the game but I have a feeling that orginazation is going to be tough. There are no in game friends setups.

The weapons are balanced. It feels compared to counterstrike about the same speed, both faster and slower. You can get points for plenty of things, so the scoring is balanced. Commander is for the most part strategy/tactics, which has its own entertainment, and is equally rewarding.

Ranked servers allow advancement. This is what I at first considered unfair, but in about 15 hours of playing recieved one of the gun upgrades. Its a tradeoff so there is no advantage, it allows the player to change tactics and be effective. Since the average CS player is counterstriking 15 hours a week it should be a quick thing for the average player to get a benny.

The maps are expansive, there are multiple bottlenecks and tactical areas, its easy to get lost. Traversing a 64 player map takes 10 minutes by foot hustling, half the round if the player is moving at a cautious pace.

The vehicles are fun, and there is enough a balance that allows for vehicles to mix with personell, and with mounted positional defenses, a properly loaded out squad can defend a position.

Teamwork is a partial success, people join up teams or go solo, there is a varied ammount of general teamwork and always disorginization. The team the most organized wins.

Overall more simulation than counterstrike, the screen candy is on par with source, and the bullet flights are more realistic, where it takes time to travel and a certain ammount of bullet drop. Grenades dont kill on proximity, and objects offer much more varied cover.

I have not been much more than a passenger in aircraft, but they do add an element of suprise to the game. Armor is straightforward, they are not impenertrable by any means, and defensable against land and aircraft threats on different scales.

All in all well balanced, learning a map is much easier than counterstrike for the beginner, but rewarding for a specaialist.

Werbung:

Ind3lible

I would say this game is a definite buy. Also they are going to be releasing a Spec Ops expansion. Rip Cords and grappling hooks for all!

blze

Indelible said:
Definitely needs a friends and server favorites list!!

so true, i was disappointed when new patch did not include these...

and, yes, its hard to get team organized but when u get ur squad
all working together its really bad ass.

Ind3lible

blze said:
Indelible said:
Definitely needs a friends and server favorites list!!

so true, i was disappointed when new patch did not include these...

and, yes, its hard to get team organized but when u get ur squad
all working together its really bad ass.

Supposedly there is gonna be a August update to include these.

Werbung:

Aftersh0ck

i know u guys dont know me that well, and im new to the punx community, but b4 i really got into cz, i was addicted to call of duty, and now that call of duty 2 is out....boy i just dont know what to say...... good shit. :D