Nintendo DS USB Wi Fi Dongle

groovypanda

I bought a Wii last week and want to connect to the internet.

I have broadband at home but it's not wireless.

Read in various places that i'll need this USB dongle and that it works with both the Wii and the DS.

However, having bought the item i can see nothing on the packaging that it will work with the Wii as it's all DS branded. Just wanted to confirm it will indeed work with the Wii before I open the packaging and void any return policy.

Cheers for any help in advance :)

Werbung:

groovypanda

Nice one, cheers and all that.

I was fairly confident it would work but wanted to make sure before opening the packaging.

So, later tonight once I'm up and running what VC games do you reckdon i should try out..? ;)

Hyrules007

It depends on what kind of games you like. The best value for your buck would be:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Metroid
Super Mario 64

Kirby

The USB Wifi-adapter can work with all current Nintendo consoles. This is a good investment if you do not have a wireless router, but if you do, here's some tips to help possibly save you a few bucks.

-Put your wireless router high up and open, having it down low and in a closed space prevents the signal from going too far.

-Metal and wireless objects that come between the Wii and the router are bad and should be moved, walls don't count since the inevitably will almost always be in the way.

-2.4 ghertz phones are out! Those things kill wireless router connections and harm the internet bandwith by a considerable amount. Go to those new 5.8 ghertz phones, they are much better with router signals since they are such a different frequency.

-change your router channel. 1 or 11 seem to be the best, (for me I use 1). The Wii is more compatable with these channel settings. If you need to get help getting to your routers settings, please go to www.Nintendo.com/support and follow the links to be told how to get to the settings.

I hope this helps with choices, and may help others with their internet situations as well.

Hyrules007

I forgot to mention another tip: when not using the Nintendo USB Wifi-adapter unplug it from your PC. The folks at Gamestop have said that the thing gets really hot and gives up fast.

Werbung:

megahunter

it's tru that it gets warm fast but if u dont sit by your computer that much but have it on when playing wii unplug the usb dongle once in a while and let it get cold