ok need some noob help...

Fiero

a friend of mine is goin to canada and needed gas money and was trying to sell his computer that got a virus for $20 (parts). I saw that he had a nVIDIA GeForce 4 MX4(NV17) video card. I offered him $10 for the video card and he accepted. Now my noob question is this. Which card is better? my nVIDIA GeForce 6100 pcie or the one I bought off of him?

Werbung:

flamer

GeForce 6100 series chip specifications

Both the 6100 and 6150 support Shader Model 3.0 and DirectX 9.0c. The 6150 also features support for High-Definition video playback, PureVideo Processing, DVI, and video-out while the 6100 does not.
[edit]

GeForce 6100

* Core Clock: 425 MHz
* Pixel Pipelines: 2
* Vertex Processors: 1
* Memory: Usually 32/64/128MiB shared DDR400

[edit]

GeForce 6150

* Core Clock: 475 MHz
* Pixel Pipelines: 2
* Vertex Processors: 1
* Memory: Usually 32/64/128MiB shared DDR400

Currently the boards are slated to be available in three different varieties - the GeForce 6100 with 410 southbridge geared toward low-end machines, the GeForce 6100 with 430 southbridge for more mainstream PCs, and the GeForce 6150 with 430 southbridge for multimedia PCs. Initially, a rumor circulated that the 6150/430 pairing was recalled due to ActiveArmor and "data corruption" problems, but this was refuted by NVIDIA. The GeForce 6100 series is available in AMD socket 754, 939 and AM2 variants.

GeForce4
Chipset Core Core Speed
(MHz) Memory Speed
(MHz)
MX420 (Geforce 4 MX 4x AGP) NV17 250 166 (128-bit)
MX440SE (Geforce 4 MX 8x AGP) NV18 250 333 (64/128-bit)

The 6100 series supports directx 9.0 where as Geforce 4 MX only support 8.0c. The 6100 has better core/memory clock speed and generally better memory interface (128 bit > 64 bit). But due to only 2 pixel pipelines.

Fiero

ok well the geforce4 dont fit into my pc...... it dont fit into the slot so i guess the 6100 is what i'm stayin with...

flamer

RE:  ok need some noob help...

milkybone said:
yeah, my f(I&^%*( board is An AGP slot, and they dont do no more good shit for it... fucktards.

if you have an agp 8x board the Radeon X850XT PE is an excellent card can run all the latest games and performs better than its PCIe version.

As far as nVidia goes, They pretty much abadoned the AGP chipset

milkybone

flamer said:
milkybone said:
yeah, my f(I&^%*( board is An AGP slot, and they dont do no more good shit for it... fucktards.

if you have an agp 8x board the Radeon X850XT PE is an excellent card can run all the latest games and performs better than its PCIe version.

As far as nVidia goes, They pretty much abadoned the AGP chipset

yeah but we can practicly consider the 850 to be last good card for the AGP generation

MoneyShot

I would get a 7800GS if it was a question of AGP. Anymore though it would have to be a top-tier AGP system. It is a waste of money to spend on a pentium 3, early p4, or athlon xp based system.

Werbung:

Sajid Ali

That's such a nooby question but no offense i was also a noob :D
so, you did mistake by buying it off from your friend since you have an AGP slot not an PCI slot for your board, but wait yet it's not a bad deal, try to sell to someone else at a good price may be you will get more than 10$.. well i am not sure but it's good to try ;-)