Paths of Destiny

ufo

POST UPDATED AT 22/2 2006 at 21.30 evening!

Hello, my first post on this forum (bit big for a first post, eh?) i was ufo back on Wc3Campaigns (i know some of my old friends are back)

I have started a porject called Paths of Destiny, if this is not the right place to tell about it and request a bit 'o help, then i apoligize...

What is Paths of Destiny?

Paths of Destiny is a non-linear singleplayer rpg

Non-linear?!

Open-end. If you don't wish, you don't need to comeplete the main quest. Instead you can go exploring, live the life, finish a bunch of quests etc...

What makes Paths of Destiny different from others maps?

Paths of Destiny don't really have anything that you probaly havn't seen before, however some of the main things are:

Hero choose system
Custom spells/abillities
Custom models*
(NEW!) Lore Sytem
(NEW!) Alittle custom music

And the things like it

(NEW!) Lore system? I heard about the others, but lore system?

A system i developed myself, though its not advanced at all. The player may find scrolls or books and other thins that increase his/her intelligence plus adds and entry in the quest menu for the knowledge they got from the book. Example: The book "The Miiga" give you a small portion of the attribute intelligence, plus adds an entry in the quest menu named: Lore - The Miiga which will tell about The Miiga.

So nothing unique really?

Depends on what you see as unique..

Are you looking for help?

If you have mapmaking skills (small 'n' big) i can use help allways :D especially since i'm not DA MAPMAKING MASTA!!111oneoneone

But specific i'm looking for:

Terrainer (no big skills, just to make the terrain around look a bit more.. detailed)

Looking for but not needed THAT much:

Balancer (balancing creeps)

Now some ingame information, and SHORT story to be expanded:

You are the Half-elven Kalun. Your parents died while you were still not too old - 22 years old to be precise - but at this age you allready knew basic fighting and spellcasting. An old friend of your family (the dwarf Kal-Matar) handed you a full plate and a sword as your parents last wish. These weapons was made to fit themselves in the path the user chose.

Now it's up to YOU (player) to choose a class (Necromancer, Warrior, Sorceror) and live the life of Kulan, and if you wish (only if you wish) save the north-eastern province!

*I'm allways looking for new models, and since its gonna be big, i can nearly use ANY kind of creature. If you have model in stock that i can use, please tell me, credit will of course be given!

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Sounds great. The lore system is not exactly creative, but it is something I haven't seen before, so it is unique.
I like that you can let the main quest fail :p :yay:

ufo

The Non-linear thing is inspired by games like the uocoming Oblivion, Morrowind and such. :D Thanks for the good reply :yay:

EDIT: I am still looking for a terrainer, not urgently, yet as it for now's only on scratch or how you say it. Much will be editted and such, but i hope one will sign up soon!

(NOTE: I will not be able to check for posts from tomorrow (24/2) for i am in Germany!)

Werbung: