PS3 Controller

TheBigHit

I had my PS3 controller set up for a few rounds the other day. I am mainly a console FPS gamer so it had a natural feel. However the disadvantage was too great. What do you guys think about game pads in general for CA.

Werbung:

-DeaFen0-

Love it or hate it, they will help those who are used to them and can alter the controls to their liking. (I haven't used a gamepad on CA, but the game will let you switch your controls right?). However, you will have a MAJOR DISADVANTAGE when using a gamepad in that you can't look around as quickly, making target aquisition a major chore, and getting you killed before you even have a chance to fire back.

TomtheNinja

However, you will have a MAJOR DISADVANTAGE when using a gamepad in that you can't look around as quickly, making target aquisition a major chore, and getting you killed before you even have a chance to fire back.
All that you have to do is turn up your sensitivity to fix this. I've used a 360 controller before, the only big issue that I've run into when using a gamepad is not enough buttons. :eek:

-DeaFen0-

All that you have to do is turn up your sensitivity to fix this. I've used a 360 controller before, the only big issue that I've run into when using a gamepad is not enough buttons. :eek:
Well, there you have it. You would be able to use the Left Analog Stick for Movement, Right Analog for Looking Around, Triangle for Switching to Secondary Square for Reloading, Circle for Grenades, X for Jumping (old school), R1 for Firing Weapons, L1 for Sprinting, R2 for Scoping In, and L2 for Pulling out your Melee or Backpack Weapon. At least, that's my set up. Depends on whether or not you use pistols and melee weapons, cuz then you could switch out those buttons for the backpack items and such. So, you should only have a problem with too few buttons when you are using all of said items. Chat and the works I don't find necessary. I'm like the Chief- barely ever talk!:)

TomtheNinja

It all depends on your playing style, though, I might re-map the keys for my 360 controller and use that again, but not sure. Also, what program are you using to allow you to use your playstation controller in CA?

-DeaFen0-

Well, with a little bit of screwing around on your computer you can make your controller do just about everything. Amazing what technology can do these days, isn't it?

superwii60

huh i never noticed that u could use the ps3 controller on the computer...best that i dont tho, since im stuck with a laptop right now and i lag with just a wireless mouse hooked up during combat arms

*_*; few its hot here

Love

huh i never noticed that u could use the ps3 controller on the computer...best that i dont tho, since im stuck with a laptop right now and i lag with just a wireless mouse hooked up during combat arms

*_*; few its hot here

Refer to the links located within my signature to help lag related problems, maybe they'll help with controllers? :eek:

TwistyMcFisty

I play CA on my desktop currently, but I have a problem. See, I use my left hand for the mouse and right for the arrows on the keyboard. Problem is, it won't let me change the controls to suit me.....it let's me change W to Up Arrow, S to down arrow, but not A and S to Left or right arrows.....WTF? Makes it really difficult for me since this is what I am so used to. Anyone know any kind of fix for this? Thanks!

Werbung:

Love

I play CA on my desktop currently, but I have a problem. See, I use my left hand for the mouse and right for the arrows on the keyboard. Problem is, it won't let me change the controls to suit me.....it let's me change W to Up Arrow, S to down arrow, but not A and S to Left or right arrows.....WTF? Makes it really difficult for me since this is what I am so used to. Anyone know any kind of fix for this? Thanks!

I'd suggest submitting a ticket to Nexon.