PS3 To XBOX Comparison.

eriktherandom

Many people seem to love the XBOX 360 more than the Playstation 3. Perfectly logical if you ask me. The 360 has many more games, some of which are not even available for other platforms or consoles. A common argument in favor of the XBOX user is that it is cheaper, for the same quality of game play, and same features. Hold on a second, if you think about things, they are not the same.

XBOX:

The XBOX requires you to pay for online play. Common argumentation, which I have confirmed is true. Sure, you can keep creating accounts to get 5 days or so of FREE play. This is nice, however if you don't mind loosing your stats, you shouldn't mind doing this.

The XBOX's graphics are indeed good, and seamless. HOWEVER, I encountered some lag issues on many explosions on games such as Grand Theft Auto IV, perhaps it isn't meant to play the latest and greatest games.

Microsoft's support is also at question. Do NOT get me wrong, I love Microsoft and their products, but the XBOX is basically the "third wheel" of the company, simply because they plan to cut support as early as 2010. Which means, enjoy your last year of playing with support. Their repairs also cost an arm and a leg, sometimes they are not even repaired, leaving you with bills, shipping costs, and worst of all: a broken XBOX.

Also, the XBOX network is claimed to be faster than that of the Playstation 3, but yet in a speed comparison test, the 2 did the same performance.

Price. Now, many speculate that many of the features on the PS3 are not needed to the average gamer. Oh really? Well, the XBOX doesn't support Wifi out of the box, leaving you to spend an additional $100 on a network adapter for it. So, let's see...you just payed the new price of $300 for one (current price), plus the $50 network subscription, AND a wireless adapter, so you're well set to $450, when the 20gb PS3 costs roughly $410. Though the system is cheap to start with, you can end up spending more just getting features it is missing.

Cheaper? You decide.

Now for Sony's Playstation 3 system.

The graphics were incredibly amazing, especially on games such as Grand Theft Auto IV, and Battlefield: Bad Company. It felt like you were immersed in the game. The only problem is, sometimes the rendering can become a bit...strange, leaving some of textures a bit glitchy, but this is never really a lasting issue, usually going away within minute.

Next comes the network. The Playstation 3 network is free to play, and makes it's money by selling downloadable games online, as well as skins, and even things for the "Playstation Home" game, which is also free to play (basically it's a large social networking game, only like The Sims). The network is known, though, to become unstable and occasionally go down for hours at a time.

Now, the hardware. The Playstation 3's hardware is excellent. It features a bay to load in a standard laptop hard drive, saving you from having to buy a whole new system. The wiring (when taking one apart) is just one of beauty, leaving you in awe, of how easy it is to clean (please note that taking apart the PS3, except for the bay for the hard drive, voids the warranty). The PS3 features a network adapter built in with Wifi and standard Ethernet support. Also features a BluRay player. Unfortunately you cannot use backward support for previous games, except for special models, not often found in stores.

Now comes the price. The price is pretty heafty on this system, ranging from $400 to $600. It will place a load on your wallet, as well has having some rather expensive games. The games, however, are more than half the time put on a BluRay disk, which barely scratches, ever. I have no issues running down to a used games store, as nearly all the disks are scratch less. You can get a standard 20gb (won't support much, but good nonetheless) for about $400 - $470. Now, the PS3 does not have any memory card slots as with the old Playstation 2 system and Playstation 1. Instead (depending on model), it features many USB ports (used to charge the controllers, use external hard drives, use flash drives ect.), and even an SD card reader.

I would have to say both compare pretty equally, though I myself prefer the Playstation 3.

Werbung:

HomeruSek

Well, the thing is, Xbox is the "PC-like" console. And i hate that. It's meant to watch movies, wiew vids,, photos, exchange them, and it has 10 programmes about it. PS is nothing like it. Well, yes, you can watch good quality movies which are known as the blu-rays but the Play Station was always about games. Just look at the name - PLAY Station :p.

I prefer the PS3 because it has better exclusives, better hardware, better gamepads and free online gaming, because on the crappy xbox i have to pay for online gaming and i have to buy membership to download things.

Werbung: