Rate some games

Werbung:

MeTaL GuArD

Next game i rate here: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War

The first notice about this game when i first played it: "Omg the battles rock!"
Orcs vs Spacemarines in a hand-to-hand combat is something you would want to see. Especially with a 3D camera where you can close in to see even the details on their weapons.(textures are extremely high quality for a RTS)
4 races to choose from: Eldars, Space Marines, Chaos and Orcs. My rating: 4.5/5

A side Note: Warhammer 40k: Winter Assault is an expansion adding a new race: Imperial Guards. Rated by me at 4/5

-=GhosT=-

ok, kinda not saw that topic XP but im not late i think, here are rating for game that i REALLY enjoyed

Elder Scrools III : Morrowind
One of best RPGS i EVER played, and all those mods came out, just SWEET
9/10

Elder Scrools III : Morrowind BLoodmon
Very good expansion for already good game, many new things etc. enyojed even more than orginal one 9,5/10

Elder Scrools III : Morrowind Tribunal
Not good as rest, bugged etc. 8/10

next to slaugher come..... Gothic
i didnt rly played 1st gothic so cant rate it

anyway gothic 2 9/10

gothic 2 Die Nacht Das Raben - not rly enjoyed it just some boring more walking etc. - 8/10

lets get off from rpgs for while, and now my fav genre, RTS

Starcraft - one of best rts i ever played, gladly give 9,5/10 [counting brood war into it, cuz i would rate it same]

Warcraft III - 2nd best rts, great story, great gamplay, ok graphic, nice fitting music, just what i excepted from it, 9,5/10

Wc3 TFT - good expansion, but not what i excepted from them, they could do it BETTER, althrough i'd liked story, but still no good as wc3 8,5/10

Well, another great game, Earth 2150, played A LOT of hours per days, and never get bored, anyway it was HARD, and i couldn't finish campaign xP 8,5/10

Earth 2160, one of most awaited games this year, it was far above what i excepted, i bough orginal xD but....... because of some reasons i will rate it 9,5/10

and now, best rts i ever played, GROUND CONTROL II, never played game with such good grapchic and low requiments, many units may be in game, many, bah! thousands , and game still lag less, finished both campaign, they had really good story, also game play is really good, no boring building or other things like that, just PURE action, very balanced game, even if it got only 2 races, they are much customized, 10/10

Star Wars : Empire At War, not much to write, good game, 9/10

Would rate Dawn of war but wont

Oh, Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge, very good either, 8,8/10

Now, lets move to another genre, FPP TPP etc [shooters? xD]

Seorius Sam [all] good game to relax nothing more, 7/10

Command And Counger : Renegade, best fpp, played many times not bored, 9,7/10

AvP 2, another good shooter, i really liked playing Marine in night etc. 9/10 [muli is imba ;0]

now, i will stop on that, just its already much enough xD

Raiju

mate, i stop reading in the Warcraft TFT

dont post everything at once, i guess few people can make me curious enough to read a big post

MeTaL GuArD

And i would give much higher to Serious Sam. I really LOVE the humour in that game.("Aaa... yourself!") Would give it 9.5/10

Some oldies now: Hexen 2

Nice game, released in 1998. 4 heroes to choose from: Crusader, Paladin, Assasin and Necromancer. All in FPP, each hero got 4 weapons that each can be boosted with tome of power. My rating: 8/10

Next oldie: Deus Ex

Never really finished this one either, but it impressed my by far the most. Graphics aint that bad, compared to the year of release(i dont remember it right now) and you can finish each mission in more than 1 way. 8.5/10

Fladian

Next oldie: Deus Ex

Never really finished this one either, but it impressed my by far the most. Graphics aint that bad, compared to the year of release(i dont remember it right now) and you can finish each mission in more than 1 way. 8.5/10
[/b]
Deus Ex, that brings back memories. I remember my brother reinstalling the game when I was still at school, he called me right after class to say something about it. I can't recall what it was though, but I'm happy that he called because I just missed my bus back then, and I didn't have my mini-radio yet.
*sigh* Good ol' times. :p

When I was young, I used to be addicted to a game named 'Anno 1602'. I'm not sure why I liked it that much, but I'd be more than willing to play the game with a friend or two at any possible time.

MeTaL GuArD

Good ol' days... Age of Empires 2.

I really regret that i lost the game somewhere. It was the only RTS that took me for a whole month away. First, cause of that you can make a single tower that sends LOTS of arrows at enemies, and do an inpenetrable defence. Or using Chinese i had 20 of their special chinese crossbowmen who shot about 10 arrows a time. The rain of arrows was deadly...

And i'm talking about the expansion to it too. Both rated 10/10 by me.

Undead_Lives

And now, for my fav Hack and Slash - Lord of the Rings: Return of the King for PS2 (and other systems..)
The game is really fun. It is hack and slash at it's very purity, there are some levels where all you do is face endless enemies :yay: Also, you can pick from numerous characters, including the three hobbits, Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas, and of course, Gandalf. There are also some secret characters.
The best part about this game for me is the two player option. It is so fun because you aren't restricted in what character you pick for what mission. (IE- In the Gandalf missions, suddenly Aragorn is there with Gandalf! :yay:)
I give this game 9.5/10. The only part about it I didn't like was the hobbit missions, they were a pain in the ass.
PS: The game also has clips from the movie, and special features. For instance, you unlock a new level, and you also get to view the "Hobbits on Gaming" feature.

Fladian

Age of Empires, ah, yes. The classics.

The SNES (Super Nintendo) is one of the only consoles I've ever had, but I always had a wide range of games thanks to a 'Copy-Box.' In many, many years I've finished all RPG's I've had, which were still quite an amount, especially when you were young.
Breath of Fire II was the very first I've played. A game I've considerd to replay some time soon again. Not only did I like the story of the game, I was extremely fond on the music of the game. But making a search for it is a waste of time as there are too many results.
Because it is the first RPG I've played, I can't give a good rating about it because one of the first always has a special feeling. It counts for everyone, everything that is heavily liked, will always be rated higher. I remember myself being scared for the final-boss of the game :p

Final Fantasy VI and V came afterwards, which VI is still one of my favorite games of all time. I liked the sound track of both games as well, and I still play some music of FF VI from time to time. I have glorious memories of both games, especially VI because it was multiplayer :p But I'm not the one to rate a FF game. =)

RoboTech (RPG), was one of the harder RPG's I've played. The game itself wasn't too hard, but considering the age of me when I started it, it was hard to understand. They used several terms I was not familiar with and I had no idea what to expect. Somewhere midway during the game, I lost interest because I didn't understand it anymore. Slowly, but surely, I got the urge to continue and at a certain time, I finally finished the game.
When I look back at the game, the sound-track was bad, the game play was bad and it had a very average story. The looks and story became quite childish at some parts, though it took a very serious twist near the end of the game giving it a very serious mood, though too late for the real fans. What kept me addicted to it, I'm not sure. I guess I couldn't be satisfied with leaving a game unfinished.

Paladin's Quest, except for one other RPG I've played on the SNES, probably one of the hardest I've played because of the many limitations. It's a game I'll probably replay some time soon again. I only finished the game once, because I never managed to finish it more often. When you play the game for the very first time, the many (bright) colors can be a shock for the eyes. The dialogs are not interesting, the (two) main characters are not interesting either and it is quite confusing near the start because nothing (at all) happens after you've done the first 'quest.'
But after you get a hold of the story, it is easily visible that it is an interesting story with many hard to solve puzzles and the quests getting harder and harder. Unfortunately, there is very little dialogs between the side-kick-characters who you can pick up throughout the game. I learned that they play a role at the very end of the game, but it isn't worth paying a big sum of money to take them along.
Paladin's Quest takes a lot of time when you decide to play it. Especially because the game remains quite easy for a long time, giving the impression that it is a very easy game. They also give a good impression that you can hire a very strong side-kick/mercenary to help you, which is very true. The guy has a giant (rock hard, literal) defense and is quite strong in combat. Unfortunately, the enemies of that time are heavily boosted without any warning and you easily find yourself too weak to fight them one by one, which is a little downside. During the start of the game, many enemies are quite weak and the only (big) surprise is the boss of a certain area, which usually are up for a good fight.
Near the end of the game, the game is at its hardest part. A lot of GIANT dungeons to cover, a lot of questions get asked which you could only find the answer of near the start of the game and creatures that you don't even want to fight. Old friends and enemies that take a visit to you, and the traveling through time can get you easily mixed up with other stuff. It's extremely chaotic (which it is supposed to be) and hard near the end of the game.
The final boss remains one heck of a fight. Right before you meet the final-boss - who is hard enough on his own, mind you - you have to fight an "old friend" who is quite hard on his own. After you think you've beat him, he boosts himself a bit and becomes even stronger. After you've killed him, you get no real chance to heal but you can restart the entire fight. He joins the 'final-boss' of the game to fight you. After a while of fighting him I got the impression of: "Does he ever die?" Considering you only can heal yourself 39 times.
The music of the game is quite bad, mind you. Though I absolutely loved the music of the final/start-dungeon of the game.
Yeah... the game is still fresh in my memory. :p

BrainLord is an adventure/RPG with only a decent story. Not to mention a story that stops making sense at a certain moment. The moment it starts making sense again you come to the conclusion that it is one of the worst possible stories you could possibly imagine. Quite a shame, since it has a lot of potential. The music of the game is bad, but very fitting to its surroundings and not annoying to hear. But as I recall, the background music during a boss was quite good.
Brainlord is without any hesitation the hardest game I've played in my entire life. Mind you that I started on this game at a reasonable young age and didn't understand fully what the characters in the game meant just yet. The battles in the game are not too hard, as a matter of fact, except for a few bosses, they are quite easy. Except if you don't pay enough attention, since there are some surprise factors in it.
What makes the game hard are the puzzles and riddles. It's what the game rellies on the most... puzzles, riddles and common sense. It is... or was the only game I wasn't able to finish at the SNES of all games I own. I tried the game over and over again, but I either couldn't handle the amount of things I had to remember anymore so I stopped, or it was because it just became too hard. There was one time which I was literally in front of the final boss when I stopped. I was in front of a giant door, with a giant lock on it which a good sign next to it with some scary stuff written in it. I can't remember what it said, but it was clear that the final boss was not far behind that door. Unfortunately, I had everything ready to face him... except the key to open the door. I took months of time to find the key, but after searching for so long without any result, I gave up.
I recently installed the game on an emulator here on the PC and replayed the game and reliving a bit of my youth. I forgot how bad the graphics were though :p
Again, I got stuck at the same door as last time. This time, I did found the key - and yes, it was at the place I would search the least... quite classic :p - and managed to open the door. I was also quite right that the final boss was nearby. Behind the door was a hallway with no enemies and a locked door at the end of the hall. That was the key I did have from earlier and there it was the final boss, which was quite easy.
It's a game that'll stay in my memory for a very long time. Something I won't forget easily...

Phantasy Star II is not for the SNES and it has been on many different consoles and PC's before too. But the old classic Phantasy Star II for the Sega has a memory of mine that I could never fulfill. Before we had a copy box here for the SNES, my brother already had a Sega and played Phantasy Star II. I could barely read English back then, so I understood very little of what they said. It probably is the first RPG I've played in my life though, so it'll always have a very special place in my heart, just like Breath of Fire II, the first RPG I played on my own.
I never got much of the story of Phantasy Star II, but I knew how much my brother struggled with the game at a certain time. I'm not sure why, but he had a manual for the game too. Not much of a walkthrough, since it doesn't really help but gives hints now and again. It was quite shocking what it said on the final page though. Giving a great walkthrough of the final dungeon it leaves you to the very final point, when the walls are only a little bit apart, just enough to let one person walk at a time. To block the way, there is a (treasure)chest between the two close walls, forcing you to open it.
The manual had only one comment/hint/advise about it, which was on the last page.
"Open the box. We dare you."
Of all I can remember of the game, I remember I was fond on all characters - except one - and I really liked the song. As a matter of fact, if I could play an(y) instrument, I'd gladly would've played some of the tunes of the old game.

The graphics are horrible nowadays, but they helped me through my youth. With an emulator, they are still quite playable, and without a single doubt, I'll play all of them someday again, though I'll probably think twice before playing Brainlord again.

MeTaL GuArD

Hm lets see what i got here... Ah yes, LoK: Blood Omen 2.
I must say that im a fan of LoK series(LoK= Legacy of Kain) from the time i played Soul Reaver, so i really looked forward to play this one too. And its one of those not many games that never kept me bored even for a small moment. Especially some bosses in the game, and some areas in it are things that i'll never forget. 9.5/10

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Now Raiju, Flad's post, was LONG.
I dled the emulator for SNES and played Super Mario RPG. Great game, it had tons of cool features like secret items and many playable characters. It even had a cool secret where you fight a boss from FF...that is the toughest boss in the game... 9/10 from me :D