RiverRun TowerDefence

Escurial

Two days ago i started on a new project, RiverRun TD. it will be a td with 4 races. all human.
1st The Paladin order. (led by Uther)
2nd The Dwarfen Defenders. (Led by that dwarf from solo)
3rd The Fire chapter. (led by that elven prince)
4th The Magi (led by jeana prowdmore)

The story will that 4 groups have been ordered to clean out the lordearon forest, that is somehow infected by masses of demons zombies and weird humanoids.

Ive been trying to come up with a mathical equation to solve the problem of knowing how much money everything is going to cost.

Ive already come up with this:

A = Amout of creatures
B = Creature health
C = Avarage attackspeed
D = Seconds they run past. (within avarage range)
X = Avarage damage.
Y = Times they need to hit a creature

D/C= (A*B)/X = Y

Im going to see if this equation works. it will be the foundation of my map.
There will also be the option upgrade to new tiers. and the first tier will spawn a hero afflaited to your race.

I hope that some of you here will want to test my map when i have a beta version.

Werbung:

Escurial

ahh its easy. its just 2 ways to find out how many times you need to shoot a creature until its dead.

First you have 2 static values. D and C. D is how long a creature is within range. lets say 5 secs. The attackspeed is 2 hits per second.
So we have 5/2 is 2.5 hits per run. So the towers can hit the creatures at least 2.5 times a run.
How is this helpfull??
Lets say the creatures have a health of 2000 and we have to kill it within 2.5 hits. so the attack of the tower should be above 2000/2.5=800. so the tower must have a attack of 800 or higher to kill the creature. if he dosnt then he cant kill the creature.

Anyway its a good way to calculate how strong the towers should be at sertain levels.

lord_carbo

ahh its easy. its just 2 ways to find out how many times you need to shoot a creature until its dead.

First you have 2 static values. D and C. D is how long a creature is within range. lets say 5 secs. The attackspeed is 2 hits per second.
So we have 5/2 is 2.5 hits per run. So the towers can hit the creatures at least 2.5 times a run.
How is this helpfull??
Lets say the creatures have a health of 2000 and we have to kill it within 2.5 hits. so the attack of the tower should be above 2000/2.5=800. so the tower must have a attack of 800 or higher to kill the creature. if he dosnt then he cant kill the creature.

Anyway its a good way to calculate how strong the towers should be at sertain levels.
[/b]

Wouldn't it be 2*5? 2 hits per second for 5 seconds is 10 hits...

There are other aspects, too, such as amount of towers and spawns, splash, armor, attack/armor types, poison/frost, ect.

Personally I think using a formula isn't a good way to determine how to price things. I've played horribly imbalanced games supposively balanced by a calculator =/ It's a good way to determine where to start, but in the end, it's best to use constant balance tests over the calculator.

Escurial

Oeps i made a mistake.
I meant 1 hit every 2 seconds. and then its correct. thanks for correcting!

Personally I think using a formula isn't a good way to determine how to price things. I've played horribly imbalanced games supposively balanced by a calculator =/ It's a good way to determine where to start, but in the end, it's best to use constant balance tests over the calculator.[/b]
Yea you cant calculate everything. since math is a best case senario...
Its going to be the base of the tower defence. ill balance things out if it dosnt work well (probebly need to add attackdamage here and there).
Thats why im going to make a beta first. i hope you would want to play it sometime with me!

Warnicro

Looks like a nice concept made a TD as well, but never finished well actually my team never completed it, I never touch the TD genre anylonger, I dislike to do the whole wave setup, it anoys.

I rather do Cinematics ;), or RPG's, I have some skill laying on that area as well. :)

well good luck on this map.

Werbung:

ragingspeedhorn

Old topic but still wanna share my thoughts on this.

It sounds like a really good idea you ahve come with here + the name Riverrun TD really kicks ass. I am sure this map will be great once (if?) it gets done! :D