Rpg help wanted! Need ideas for quests!

Bones_the_Great

Hey guys, I appreciate the help. You see I have this really fun rpg in the making, problem is there isn't any quests! Could someone help me out? I need quest ideas for humans, elves, and the orc.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

RPG Quests are easy.
Quest:
Beat a tough creep/boss
Beat a number of creeps that drop a certain item, and attain a number of those items.
Take items around to different areas/people
Rewards:
Items
Gold
Items for other higher level quests.

Fladian

I think you'll need to be a bit more specific when asking for quests... knowing what the RPG is about usually helps as well.

Squishy-1

for the orcs make a quest where you have to hunt humans and bring there heads back and then u get a soup made from there eyes that auto replenishes and heals alot of life

Bones_the_Great

I guess I wasn't that specific, so heres the spoiler for my game, if your petty you can steal my ideas, but I dont really think youd want to. There run-of-the-mill if you ask me. Thats why I nhelp.

Humans and Elves were battling the Orcs on the same side for hundreds of years, but a possessed paladin murdered the elf empress, but before they knew it was this necromancer who possessed him they retaliated. The humans were now pinned by Orcs and Elves, and they almost got whiped out but the Trolls (curently allied to the orc)attacked the Elves from the mountains, this time they were acctually considered a serious threat. An elven city in the marshlands was razed, and innocents were killed. The elves refocused there attacks on the trolls. Now the elves are fighting the trolls, and the orc are fighting the humans. The humans could handle the orc alone. In the bloodiest elven battle to date, the elves managed to kill the troll cheif Gjoum. The new troll cheif tried for peace with the other nations, but some trolls didn't like it while others did, and so the trolls split into two clans. Their orc allies didn't much like there retreat either, but they allowed it thanks to the orc cheif shaman's wisdom. The cheif was assassinated, along with the old king of the orc. The assassins are The Crimson Claw, a band of warlocks working for the necromancer. The new king thinks they are cowards, and led his army to slay the traitors. Now all four races are caught in bloody civil wars, and a global war with eachother. The bodies are piling up, and the races have been reduced to mere thousands. On top of everything the necromancer wants to be the immortal king of the dead, and so his is getting help from the demonlord. He needs the blood of innocents to complete the summoning, and his evil plots of trickery got him that. The earth is stained in blood, plenty to summon the evil demon, now it's only time before the end of time. All hope is lost.... Unless the heroes can rise up...

Anyway, I have the whole main quest in my mind, but the side quests are zero so far, and I'm not dumb, I know rewards Undead_Lives... I was hoping people could help me think outside of the box. I wanna mix it up a bit ya know? I wanna be original. Not just killing a monster in a time limit, thats boring. I'm talking about my son was kidnapped or bandits robbed me (Got those from Human Campaign), etc. Please if there is any more information you need, just ask but that really about all I got so far.

PS any kind of help would be appreciated, any at all. Even testing (were not near that phase yet, I'm currently about 1-2% done lol)

Edit: The more I think about it, the more your right Undead_Lives... No matter what the quest, your basically going somewhere to get something or kill something or kill somehting to get something and that something could be a someone or a couple things. You simplistic wisdom might be of use to me after all. I still would like people's help though.

Squishy-1

what about a type of quest where your warped into another dimension, and every being there is invulnrable, and to get out you either have to die (but dont let them know thats an option) or answer a riddle (i could get you the triggers for the riddle, and i know tons of riddles) i hope i can help some more but quest ideas arent my strong suit (spell ideas are)

Bones_the_Great

Cool, I'll probably use that but I might mix it up a bit, for example instead of being warped you'd be lost in some dungeon where the only way out is through a way gate but which one? Each one would represent the answer to the riddle. Or something like that. Thanks for the idea. Anyone else?

Squishy-1

2 men stand by 2 doors, with a sign in between the sign says "one man always lies, one never lies, you may ask them one question and only one question, one leads out of this dungeon, the other to certain death." that is a riddle that would suit that quest well

Jupackazoin

2 men stand by 2 doors, with a sign in between the sign says "one man always lies, one never lies, you may ask them one question and only one question, one leads out of this dungeon, the other to certain death." that is a riddle that would suit that quest well
I've heard that riddle somewhere before but can't remember ;) Quests can be difficult if you are avoiding the whole kill guy whatever routine, perhaps maybe, i dunno. :)
Well, you could always do the Oblivion thing of giving the heroes the option of becoming assassins for their race, every now and then get given targets and the like. It is a war, give them important targets.
Could always get the peasants food somehow, the supply lines where cut off, figure out a way to get them back open or something. It's hard off the top of my head, I have a pile of side quests, but I usually have to sit there and think for at least an hour or two each before i start doing them, and most of the time they end up completely different at the end anyway!!
Good luck :)

Bones_the_Great

Both good ideas, Jupackazoin, thank you for your help, I love the supplies quest idea! And the whole assassins thing has given me the idea of having not only quests and war missions, but guild jobs too! Now I just need guilds lol.

By the way, should the races be at war? I mean there are good and bad to both sides but... What do you guys think?

Jupackazoin

By the way, should the races be at war? I mean there are good and bad to both sides but... What do you guys think?
I have no idea, you could liven it up a bit through the story by making some kind of thing happen where one side allies with the other for a while because they thought this, and then they realize it was something else and where wrong and end up allied with the guys they where fighting, it's hard, it's your story, keep it that way ;) Just mix and match your own ideas till you find one you like and evolve everything around that :)

Fladian

Well, as Jupackazoin (that's a name I won't learn quickly, that's for sure) mentioned, in the end it's your story. You'll have to make the decisions, after all, we don't know what you actually have in mind. Any kind of addition could change an entire storyline... I should know. :p

Werbung: