Samsung To Be The Maker OF Vita's CPU

wendellvan

Samsung will be the one to manufacture the central processing unit for the PlayStation Vita. This is actually according to the blurb which had appeared at the certain website for electronics industry newspaper, the Semiconductor Industry News. The CPU will be using the newest 45 nanometer manufacturing method. Thus, it will really turn out to be a good idea for a better outcome.

PS Vita is actually due for its international release which will be somewhere prior to the end of 2011. Its present yet popular speculation has the system launching which will be first in Japan. It is where the predecessor and the PSP itself enjoy its continued success.

Samsung is a good company, most especially when it comes to gadgets and appliances. Thus, it will also do a good job for making the ARM chip of the Vita. It will be something new that everyone could not merely imagine.

Source:HERE

I'm quite surprised to know that Samsung will be the maker of PS Vita's CPU since Sony didn't mentioned anything about this on their earlier updates and news. I have no doubts on Samsung to be the maker since Samsung is a well-established company known as experts on developing gadgets and appliances. I hope that with the aid of Samsung, the quality of the PS Vita will be much better.

Werbung:

omarfw

I'm not sure if this is good or not. Samsung doesn't have a reputation for low quality products by any means, but they certainly don't specialize in CPUs like AMD, Intel and Motorola do.

wendellvan

I'm not sure if this is good or not. Samsung doesn't have a reputation for low quality products by any means, but they certainly don't specialize in CPUs like AMD, Intel and Motorola do.

I feel the same way. I know that Samsung is great for what they do but I somewhat feel weird about Samsung being PS Vita's CPU maker. The only thing we can do about this is just hope that Samsung doesn't screw with this one. I also trust Sony for making this decision and if they are really confident about this matter, then I think there is no need for us fans to get worried.

Chance

Hmm, I think Samsung will do just fine. I don't think Sony would make a bad decision when it comes to picking their CPU developer. I agree with AMD and Intel would probably be a better choice but I still feel Samsung can get the job done, right.

Werbung:
I have to agree with most of the people above.

A normal chip manufacturer would have probably been better. But to be fair, I'm sure Sony realized that. So there must be something Samsung is doing with their tech that is giving them some sort of edge we're unaware of.

That's the only explanation I can think of on that.