Sonic Unleashed!!

Werbung:

guyofgod

Hmm...either way, I don't think I will buy it....sadly, I was raised to hate sega with every fiber of my being.....a bit late for nintendo to change my mind. Good luck to you young'ns though :) haha, I respect sega....I just don't see my self buying any of their games....I have a sega.....but it's old so it doesn't count :p

evilflame

no platform(s) were mentioned. File names of the original leaked images indicate a multiplatform release of 360/PS3/Wii

The video, and the game of what was shown was said to be run using xbox360 hardware.

PS3 is susposedly involved aswell somehow.

And the Wii is assumed due to an image that is likely to be a cover art for nintendo magizine.

jesta

Well here we have it...

Sonic Unleashed officially announced, confirmed for Wii

Press Release
LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (April 3, 2008) – SEGA® of America and SEGA of Europe Ltd., today announced that everyone’s favourite hedgehog will be breaking new ground yet maintaining his roots, in the upcoming title, Sonic Unleashed™. Developed by renowned studio Sonic Team, the latest installment in the multi-million selling franchise, will take players on an unforgettable high-speed journey around the globe in a way never before experienced in the world of Sonic. The game is set for release later this year and will be available for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo and PLAYSTATION®2.
Sonic Unleashed is built on a powerful new “Hedgehog Engine”, which introduces seamless 3D to classic 2D camera transitions, whilst delivering a rich and expansive world with multiple paths to choose from. Under development for three years, the Hedgehog Engine produces a visually rich next generation look and feel with elements of classic Sonic gameplay mechanics. The Hedgehog engine will help re-define the gameplay experience for Sonic fans and newcomers to the franchise alike.
“By combining rich and vibrant scenery with dynamic viewpoints Sonic Unleashed will provide an immersive 3D experience whilst keeping alive the 2D gameplay elements and fantastic worlds that Sonic fans know and love” commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director for SEGA Europe. “In addition to this classic Sonic gaming experience, when darkness sets in Sonic Unleashed players will be able to experience a completely new way to play as Sonic… making this his most exciting adventure yet!”
Having been broken apart by the evil Dr Eggman, it’s down to Sonic to put the pieces of the world back together again by retrieving the power of the chaos emeralds. In doing so, Sonic will find himself in a race against time and faced with an unusual situation that will challenge him in ways never before seen. By completing a wide variety of action-packed stages, spanning the seven broken continents of the world, gamers will need to unleash Sonic’s amazing abilities to save the world, and himself!
The opportunity to engage in Sonic in different ways during the day and night time levels brings a completely original way of playing to the Sonic franchise, in addition to running at high speeds in classic Sonic style, combat fighting will become possible. Super quick Sonic’s speed skills will be highlighted by four new modes, whilst the all new combat, movement and functional abilities will offer depth and variety to the game. As the sun sets in Sonic Unleashed, a different type of adventure will awaken in Sonic’s newest quest….
Sonic Unleashed is scheduled for release worldwide in late 2008. For screenshots and art, please visit the SEGA press site at Sega PressVault.

Link

2x New screens here

:D

evilflame

Nice find =].

I bet anything though, knowing sega they leaked this on purpose, i mean it was the best way to grab attention of everyone.

September? Boy is that ever sweet.
Usually, I get all depressed in September because of what it means to me but this is reason for me to try to be a bit less mirky. ;)

Also, I LOVE the story thus far.
And might I also mention how I love the fact that it ALREADY has more confirmed stages than SatSR. ;)

ONM (UK) is getting an exclusive playtest on the 11th of April so those bummed about not getting MKWii then because they're in Canada/US like myself, the news should get out on the web that day. :D

jesta

NEWS

The latest edition of Official Nintendo Magazine details the upcoming multi-platform Sonic outing: Unleashed.

super_sonic_unleashed.jpg

Originally penned to be Sonic Adventure 3

Has no/little relation to previous 3D sonics, including 2006 and Secret Rings

The power of the 7 Chaos Emeralds are misused by Eggman and something changes inside Sonic's body.

Sonic heads around the world, with various different realistic locations.

No direct mechanics from Wii's Sonic Rings, but uses a move known as "quick step" to allow for fast movement left or right.

Sonic Boost allows for a quick boost in speed (much like in Secret Rings) by collecting rings throughout the course, as well as a Sonic Dash move.

Sonic's classic moves like spin and homing attacks make a return.

The game turns from day to night at times, day seeing Sonic in his usual form and at night players will slow down and manipulate objects...

In Unleashed players will also use the Nunchuck in some form (presumably for analogue movement)

New robot creatures developed by eggman, some darker elements and some colossal beasts (one would be about 7m tall)

Developed from scratch to be a completely new take on Sonic.

Interview with lead game designer Yoshihisa Hashimoto.

Sonic Unleashed is due for release later this year.

Link

opb053editcur0060.jpg

opb069editcur0060.jpg

Tentatively, it's slated for November but in all honesty, September was also mentioned so at least we know it's during the Fall of this year which is great news! :D

I'm REALLY stoked for this game. I hope they don't overlook multiplayer and I'm sure that they'll add Wi-fi of SOME sort. SEGA's been really taking advantage of Wi-fi a lot lately which is great to see!! :D

Werbung: