T3 Magazine predicts the Wii2

jesta

MIND CONTROLLED
Strap the claw-like Wii head unit to your “dome” and it’ll beam your brain activity - translated into movement and other commands - to the Wii box and controllers

ON THE HEAD, SON
Tiny neuro-receptors pick up brain waves through the thickest of hair, so no unsightly scalp shaving need take place

YOU WHAT?
Completing the immersion experience, built in earphones will screw deep into your lugholes, for shattering, terrifying cries of “It’s-a-me… Mario!”

WII REMOTE 2.0
There’ll still be a handheld pointer. With your brain choosing what its function is at any given time, only one button will be required - helping to save the world’s ever-depleting button reserves

NINTENDO WII 2.0
The Wii revolutionised the way we interact with games. Could Nintendo be thinking of topping that with a though-powered Wii 2? By 2010, you could be using your wireless Wii Wand to guide Mario around the karting track and your brainwaves to throw banana skins. Crazy, you say? Mind control is already a reality - snap up shares in brain-game pioneers Emotiv today - and we’d love to see what the big N can do with it. Our artist’s impressions gives a few tantalising hints…

T3 LAUNCH PREDICTION 2010

Link

Werbung:

titch.ryan

have you got any proof thats its already been done? i'd lik to read a bit about it.
it would be annoying if you got distracted and started thinking something else, all sorts of strange stuff could happen lol :p

jesta

I wrote a thread on this a long time ago titled 'Nintendo, eat your heart out'. It had two companies working on this type of technology. Now it looks like one of them has released something...

2_1hdpix.gif

"Based on the latest developments in neuro-technology, Emotiv has developed a new personal interface for human computer interaction. The Emotiv EPOC uses a set of sensors to tune into electric signals naturally produced by the brain to detect player thoughts, feelings and expression and connects wirelessly to most PCs.
The Emotiv neuroheadset now makes it possible for games to be controlled and influenced by the player's mind."
Each Emotiv EPOC neuroheadset is priced at $299

Link

More info and videos here

The other company 'NeuroSky' have a video here.
44.jpg

Think that just about proves it ;) lol

LinkHylian

This looks very cool and it's a good thing that it's not april othwise this would probably be an april fools joke.But I don't think it'll be released by 2010.There is a high chance that it'll be released by 2011 because the N64 came out in 1996 then you had the gamecube in 2001 then the Wii in 2006 which suggests that a new nintendo console is released every 5 years so we probably won't be playing the Wii2 until 2011.

Werbung: