The 'Baghdad Bobs' of the Nexon Forums

Jim216

BaghdadBob2.jpg

Remember Baghdad Bob? For those of you who may have forgotten, he was the hapless Iraqi military spokesman from the Gulf War, who will forever go down as history's most used propagandist ever to grace gobal television.

The poor puppet took his place behind Saddam Hussein's podium, burdened with the weight of microphones from almost every world news organization, to proffer his daily disinformation report of the overwhelming failure and hopelessness of the joint coalition military force's effort. He worked harder than David Hasselhoff holding in his stomach as he struggled to keep his face straight while slinging staccato insults, vitiate parodies and threats of everything from melting eyeballs to camel lice.

Poor Bob. Forever labeled as the world's most prolific, buffoon, trash talker that was heard around the world. Dismissed by many. Forgotten by still more. Big talk, big threats, no substance. As a Texan might say, "big hat, no cattle". Why? Because some still believe that intimidation works on the strong.

In a way, e-punks and e-thugs are our Baghdad Bob. Full of misplaced bravado, energy and ability, they hurl their barage of abbreviated insolence, arrogance and saracasim at us with the full expectancy we'll cut and run. It's good to know that the best of the best don't stop being who they are because a few kiddies think its fashionable to regularly step up to the forum microphone and proffer their "report". Unfortunately for them, like Baghdad Bob, the moment is swift, the lime light brief and the tainted reputation longlasting.

Contrary to the 'Baghdad Bobs', who troll the forums lamenting against Nexon, the Combat gaming community continues to flourish with good people who make the game environment what it is today; fun, a great place to make friends and clean rooms within which to play. But, you have to make it happen. You wouldn't go visiting people randomly in their homes without low expectations, so choose your rooms carefully and with players you know are clean and fun to play with.

See you on the battlefield!

Werbung:

spuznick242

Very nice, but I dissagree, nexon is getting better and isnt fun anymore. More hackers, ranting 12 y.o. on voice chat, and bad updates that dont make the game better just worst anymore. But nice, you almost sound like a sales person working for nexon. Altough I see your sig that says your the marketing director for LGC, so I was close.

Master_7

I remember watching that Dumb-A$$, while our troops were only 5 blocks over.

I think he works for Al-Jazira now.... go figure

Jim216

Very nice, but I dissagree, nexon is getting better and isnt fun anymore. More hackers, ranting 12 y.o. on voice chat, and bad updates that dont make the game better just worst anymore. But nice, you almost sound like a sales person working for nexon. Altough I see your sig that says your the marketing director for LGC, so I was close.

The game, like anything else in life, is what you make of it. Bottomline, its a damn good FPS and the bulk of the community is worth spending time with. Yes the hackers suck, yes the updates cause problems, and, oh yes, the game is free.

CA would not be worth your time if you were just jumping on it to burn some time. What makes it worthwhile is the community: you, me and friends.

As far as my position with LGC goes, we have no relationship with Nexon and we don't need them to turn a profit. There is none. Zero. We do what we do because we want to make the game as free of exploiters as possible for the community in which we play.

No agenda. Just thought I'd throw some encouragement everyone's way. Sorry I wasted your time.

Wow, im totally confused.
Jim216 are you just saying the vast majority of the CA community is good? (im not disagreeing, im just a little confused at your point.)
And we shouldn't be critical of nexon because the game is free? (although technically if you use NX its no longer free...)
And hackers and whiners are bad?
Again im not disagreeing, just a little puzzled.
and don't worry about wasting time, im intrigued now.

Jim216

Wow, im totally confused.
Jim216 are you just saying the vast majority of the CA community is good? (im not disagreeing, im just a little confused at your point.)
And we shouldn't be critical of nexon because the game is free? (although technically if you use NX its no longer free...)
And hackers and whiners are bad?
Again im not disagreeing, just a little puzzled.
and don't worry about wasting time, im intrigued now.

Hey HellinPelican, thanks for responding.

The bulk of the people on CA really are polite and fun to play with. Its like any other crowd of people though, a couple or morons can can make the experience miserable. Consider this as a perspective if you will: if you go to any major sporting event, like an NFL game, you'll probably have a good time. Because the vast majority really are good people who share your intrest in the game. However, if the guy next to you turns out to be a jackass, then you'll probably feel like you wasted your time and money. CA is no different, except that at any given time, the online audience probably won't fit in any stadium.

Nexon has put together a good application and built a community emphasis around it with messenging, clans, etc. It is the morons who have tainted it with their hacks, whining and e-punk mentality that give everyone else a bad taste.

The majority of the community is good, and "small town" clan environment is fun to be part of. Everytime I log in on Ventrilo the crap and humor start flying and everyone really has a good time killing each other in CA. My clan is almost my extended family in a small way. We really do enjoy each others company and love ganging up on the morons if and when they show up to exploit the game or behave badly.

I play CA quite a bit, and I'm not naive enough to think that a player without friends in the game can have a good time. Its more difficult to cope when you're having a bad game or cheaters are spawn killing you without friends to experience it with you. But, thats the beauty of CA, you can play with your clan mates or find the games hosted by CBL, LGC or CLEAN and meet some nice people who share your interest in a clean, fun game.

So, if you're consistently having bad experiences in CA, you might want to consider making some new friends in a different clan and joining a legit organization like CBL, LGC or CLEAN. Good players and good times are out there. You just got to find them among the huge crowd.

Werbung:

Jordan B

Thought I would throw my opinions into the conversation .

Although I agree with the majority of what you've said, I don't agree with it all.

For example, I go on CBL quite a bit, and that's fine, but when it comes down to it, I couldn't care less if I was "Flagged" or "Dirty". Yes, it's a community tool, but when it comes down the grind, NEXON has the final say, no one else. Nexon will decide if they're going to ban you, and no one else.

For the record, I am CBL Clean. I don't trust LGC ever since the disaster and the fact that it was revived from a bunch of clan baddies.

CLEAN is relatively new, I may or may not check it out.

When it comes down to it, community is all well and good, we have a great one here, and at the Nexon forums, as well as in-game, but as far as "legit" sites go, who really cares ?

Report a hacker straight to nexon, they get dealt with. It's pretty simple.

We play Combat Arms to PLAY Combat Arms. End.