The Internet Hate Machine Spools Up Against Diablo 3 Over Mods, DRM

radascars

It’s getting to a point where I can only take so much internet outrage seriously. Message boards and gaming sites are all up in arms today about a bunch of recent revelations about the upcoming action RPG, Diablo III, a title that’s been hotly anticipated for almost a decade.

You must always have an internet connection to play the game, also known as “always on DRM”

read more...

Isn't that an issue to always have an internet connection to play Diablo 3? I think internet connection is a necessity not just because of online gaming but also for other stuff. Playing Diablo 3 online is not really an issue for me it would be a great community for sure.

Werbung:

omarfw

It's inconvenient but the internet is no longer an optional aspect of computing anymore and this will help prevent piracy much more. Most pirated versions of games require you to be disconnected from the internet to bypass the DRM with the crack so if the game won't even play with an internet connection that prevents any offline DRM bypass techniques.

RPCOM

I don't like games require an "always-on" internet connection because it affects my internet bills :mad:. That's why I don't play MMO games. I have heard that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands have been "cracked" by someone to enable offline play. I am not sure about that but still I wouldn't like first spending on game and then on internet bills :(.

Werbung:

omarfw

I don't like games require an "always-on" internet connection because it affects my internet bills :mad:. That's why I don't play MMO games. I have heard that Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands have been "cracked" by someone to enable offline play. I am not sure about that but still I wouldn't like first spending on game and then on internet bills :(.

That sucks. Diablo 3 is pretty much only going to appeal to people with unlimited bandwidth internet plans.