The Legends of Felas'Thaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrae

As a few of you may already know, I am working on a series of books called "The Legends of Felas'Thaer", which I intend to publish in a couple of years. I thought it would be kind of interesting to make a topic about it. Let me introduce you to the story:

Intro:It takes place hundreds of years after humans have advanced in their technology and finally succeeded in one of their goals: intergalactic travel. In their travels, they discovered many alien races, some of which were friendly, others of which were hostile.
One human fleet discovered an extradimensional portal that led to Rashthaer, a demon-inhabited dimension ruled over by Rashgaeroth, the Demon Lord of Suffering. Those humans were captured and corrupted, being transformed into a new race: the Narad. Led by Rashgaeroth's lieutenants, Nethoros, Varithon, and Ghaldek, the Narad launched an invasion on earth, driving out the rest of humanity from their former home.
The survivors of humanity started inhabiting planets in a new galaxy, called the Crimson Vortex, where their new alien allies helped them to start new civilizations. One human, named Arcanius Endrathil (remember, this is centuries into the future, so their names will be different), is led to an uncharted planet by the will of a mysterious being. When he gets there, he discovers that the being is a powerful energy source named Felas'Thaer. The being tells Arcanius that it is vulnerable to the corruption from Rashthaer, and it makes a deal with him that if he defends it, it will in turn aid him in the war against the demons and the Narad.
Felas'Thaer gives Arcanius a huge amount of power, giving him the ability to control the elements. Arcanius gives some of his power to his friend, Aldin Ilithriel, who establishes the Ilithrian Sentinels, a faction of powerful warriors charged with the defense of Felas'Thaer, and its wielder, Arcanius Endrathil.
As the war goes on, Nethoros, Varithon, and Ghaldek are all killed, and their souls are trapped on three separate planets, hidden from Rashgaeroth. The Narad start hunting down Arcanius's descendants, who are the most powerful of all. Over the next few centuries, the Endrathil lineage starts to fade, until one day it just seemingly dissapears.
Felas'Thaer prophesies that the last surviving descendant of Endrathil would be found, and would rise up and destroy the Narad and their demonic masters. Eldorm Ilithriel, the current leader of the Sentinels, charges the defenders of Felas'Thaer with a new task: to find the Last Descendant.
----------
Story: A 17 year old boy named Darik wakes up in a military base one day, and can't remember any of his life at all. The only clues are the flashes of memory that pass through his mind every now and then, a mysterious necklace which no one can identify, and his genetically ehanced abilities. He goes on a quest to find out who he is, and gets caught up in the war of the Crimson Vortex.
---------
So yeah, that's pretty much a summary of the story so far. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions (I'll be sure to add y'all in the "thank you's" when I publish the book), plz post them.
Oh yeah, also, every now and then, I'll post a random fact about my book, like what races there are and such. But i'm not going to reveal too much. I've already made that mistake with my "Possessed" poem.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

Uh....the stories galore is more for posting stories....you see when you say you aren't going to reveal too much I start to wonder...wonder if it should stay.
Reply, and I'll decide.

Tenebrae

Well, what I meant was I'm not going to reveal some of the really big surprises that add suspense to the story, cuz then it would be ruined. I'll talk about a lot of the story plots, but, I don't want to ruin all of the surprise if I ever publish the book. And like I said, I'm open to suggestions.
You can move this to off-topic discussions or whatever if you want.

While you're thinking on that, here's one of the weapons the main character has: The Volt Saber. It is about 4 1/2 feet in length, and was made by a race called the Zeerak, who apply both technology and magic into the forging of their weapons. The wielder can will the sword to absorb and discharge electrical energy. It has two blades, the smaller of which is used to store the electricity, and then either transport it to the larger blade, making it more deadly, or shoot it out in the form of a lightning bolt or shockwave. Darik recieves this sword as a gift from Marcus, one of the captains at the military base about two months after he wakes up there.

Undead_Lives

I don't know where else I would move it to so...
I'll keep it. But try to keep discussions to the story, please.
(IE don't start talking only about swords now :p)

Tenebrae

... K, I thought about it and I've decided that it was a pretty dumb idea to post this whole thing, so go ahead and delete it.

Werbung:
Status
Not open for further replies.