Tom Clancy Books

E

Elite SEAL

Who likes to read Tom Clancy books? I have read 2 fiction ones: Hunt for Red October, and The Cardinal of the Kremlin (probably better than Red October) I like the way they are split up, so there is no REAL main character, although Jack Ryan is sort of highlighted.

What are the non -fiction books like?:confused:

Werbung:

BossMaroni

I've read a few of his older books. I tend to prefer military-esque novels with supernatural type stuff. I just finished Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry, which was great. Robert Doherty's Area 51 series is pretty good too.
I'm also a huge Michael Crichton fan. Don't judge his books by the pathetic films based on them.

E

Elite SEAL

I've read a few of his older books. I tend to prefer military-esque novels with supernatural type stuff. I just finished Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry, which was great. Robert Doherty's Area 51 series is pretty good too.
I'm also a huge Michael Crichton fan. Don't judge his books by the pathetic films based on them.

hmm...ever hear of John Birmingham? He has a 3 part series of alternate history books. First one is "Weapons of Choice." If you haven't heard of him, it is about a multi -national fleet from 2021 with insane technology, that accidentally gets thrown back into WWII as a result of a science experiment -THEY ARE SO GOOD!!

Master_7

I luv Tom Clancy... don't remember the name of the book, but read the one about the Tank crews in Europe, and the ruskies were invading... also read the submarine one too, about China attacking... good stuff

E

Elite SEAL

I luv Tom Clancy... don't remember the name of the book, but read the one about the Tank crews in Europe, and the ruskies were invading... also read the submarine one too, about China attacking... good stuff

oh, those sound good, could you get the names for me?

BossMaroni

'tank crews'
Sounds like RED STORM RISING.

'submarine'
Automatically makes me think of THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, but that was mainly USA/USSR. I think it's actually SSN, one of many of Clancy's books I haven't read.

Not sure of accuracy, but Wikipedia has a nice list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy

E

Elite SEAL

Anyone read Clive Cussler ?

no, aren't they adventurous kind of books? I have heard of him, my Grandpa is into alternate history books and futuristic kinds of books and stuff.

For a great alt. history read, start on John Birmingham's series -first book is "Weapons of Choice", then "Designated Targets", then "Final Impact"

Werbung: