userconfig.cfg

keisorsoze

pull down your console and type in "net_graph 1" which will give you all your connectivity info or "net_graph 3" which will give you your fps, choke, in, out, and 1 other thing I forget...

Werbung:

Puppet

You guys that are trying to get FPS to be higher than your monitor's refresh rate are a bunch of techno-nubs. You can't "see" anything higher than your monitor's refresh rate. Peg out your monitor's refresh rate in your monitors property page and then set fps_max to 5 above that number. Also, stop being techno-nubs.

H22Teg(Ratchet)

I thought last night that my fps had gone up but now I realize it was a placebo effect!

Went into the server this morning with no one in it:
de_dust2_cz0002.bmp

de_dust2_cz0000.bmp

I then tried to alter the settings in the console and it didn't do anything either. I think it's just my shitty system. I'm running a 733mhz P3 with like 384mb of ram. My graphics card is a geForce FX 5200, which is 128mb but only 2x agp.

On a side note though I had a blast playing one on one against Lo3 Juggernaut.

H22Teg(Ratchet)

Yeah I figured. Oh well, I'm getting something new soon. I tried to edit my post so the links worked but I dunno, must be losing my mind cause I couldn't do it.
It was just two screen shots showing a 57 FPS and a 42.

Puppet

I'm kidding.....I was trying to get other people to start bitching that I was wrong, but it didn't work. Anyway, if you maxed out your system you would see an improvement but what you have currently isn't likely the problem. If you go to a dead server and try just changing the cl_cmdrate and the cl_updaterate and you can't get it any higher then consider checking it again on a dead server on a different day. I have found that based on how I get routed to the server by my ISP greatly affects the FPS. If you go to a command line and type in :

tracert 66.36.236.37

Your system will show you every server it has to go to (and how long it takes) in order to get to the Punx server. I bet if you try that and record the output and then try it again the next day, you will get different numbers. I have to admit though....I don't understand the "cl_rate" and the "rate" cvars. They don't seem to have any effect when I change them.

keisorsoze

Puppet said:
You guys that are trying to get FPS to be higher than your monitor's refresh rate are a bunch of techno-nubs. You can't "see" anything higher than your monitor's refresh rate. Peg out your monitor's refresh rate in your monitors property page and then set fps_max to 5 above that number. Also, stop being techno-nubs.

I don`t use dev 1 anymore because I know all about the monitors refresh rate crap, We are askin for help not criticism, I will wake my drunkin puppet so he can come and slay your little puppet :twisted:

Puppet

keisorsoze said:
We are askin for help not criticism, I will wake my drunkin puppet so he can come and slay your little puppet :twisted:

I give both....you must take the good with the bad when Puppet dishes it out. I make you pay for just knowing me alone. You've been around enough to know I'm a prick. You think that will ever change? I don't. Hey, I'm a frickin PuNx.....it's all about attitude baby. Look up in the right corner of the web page right now "where attitude and pwnage meet" I have the attitude and the meat (meet?) all I need now is to get that pwnage thingy down pat. :twisted:

BillyTheKid

Well guys i have been stuck at 60 flucuating to 50 the whole damn time ive had this game. I know that in order to fix it i need to turn something called my vertical sync off but i have no idea how :oops: and i know almost everyone here probably knows, so plse help!

Casualty

keisor it appears that your system is more than good enough to run cz, so i think yoru fps is fine

all you really need to do is tweak your connection to teh server i.e. cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate

H22Teg(Ratchet)

I may need to do the same thing as Billy, but how do you even check if "vertical sync" is on?
Casualty, if you could write it up in dummy lingo for me that would be awesome. Or if I could hit you up on AIM or something.

I installed my roadrunner today and my ping dropped from around 70 to 30, so that's good I think. Still not completely sure how ping and FPS affect gameplay.

Ping is more about game stability right? Like if everyone had a high ping it would lag the server?

If I understand FPS right it would be like this. If my FPS is 60, and Puppet's is 100, and say Puppet was crouched behind a box and walked out. He would have a split second to fire at me before I even saw him right?

Werbung: