userconfig.cfg

Werbung:

keisorsoze

Casualty said:
keisor it appears that your system is more than good enough to run cz, so i think yoru fps is fine

all you really need to do is tweak your connection to teh server i.e. cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate

thanx Casualty, I did`nt get to download skype yet but I do need to tweak my system, I did play around with the cmdrate and updaterate but it just seems like I can get more out of my vid card and system.

CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Processor (512KB L2 cache , 2.4GHz, 1600MHz FSB)

Memory: 1024 DDR (400MHz) expandable to 4GB

HD: 200GB

Video: I bought the ATI X700 PRO 256MB RAM (PCI Xpress)

Is there anything I can do to the video card settings to get more out of it?
I have the vertical sink off and all that fun stuff but is there any other suggestions of what I could do?

BillyTheKid

It was a bitch.But heres what i did start>control pannel>Appearence and themes (it might be different in your case but just look for something like it)>Display>GeForce FX 5200> Performance and Quality settings(its on the right hand side)>look for v sync on the list ( if it is application controlled uncheck that box and turn v sync off)>hit apply>Monitor(Its one of the tabs at the top)>check the box that says " Hide modes that this moniter cannot display" and put your screen refresh rate to the max> hit apply
Not sure if that will work for you but thats how cas taught me to do it.

BillyTheKid

So anyone got some rates i could use that wont get me super lag
I have windows media center, Nvidia GeForce fx5200agp 128 mb, AMD 64 athlon yeah so could soem one plse help me on this because i havent got a clue.

Casualty

lol i cant type up a vsynch for dummies thing becuase its different whether or not you use a ati card or nvidea or even if you ahve omega drivers, there are to amny different ways to do it

basiclly you need to get to your computers display properties, go to the settings tab, and click advanced, from there you jsut need to check all teh tabs until you find the right one

or hit me on AIM: Ca5ualty85

as for teh rates everyone has a different connection to the server so you ahve to play with them yoruself

heres a good way to check it out:

first off you need to be on punx, becuase settnig them on a different server wont do you anygood

second start with a cl_updaterate of 35
and a cl_cmdrate of 100
set net_graph 1
now play a round or 2 and see what yoru netgraph looks like. a perfect connection will have a perfectly straight green line and and i think the other line is purple or something.

now also on netgraph 1 it displays latency in ms(on the top line after fps)
this number should be 0(technically) however i usually hope for <10. if you can acheive that then your not gonna notice any problems

ok so after you play a round or 2 you notice that yoru lines are fairly smooth, but yoru getting say 50-70 ms, expect it to bounce around.

the most noticable way to correct this is to lower your cl_updaterate lower it slowly until you get your ms to roughly 10. anything around 10 will play very well

only problem with lowering your updaterate is that if you go to low you will notice gameplay issues stuff like yoru guns firing horribly, i wouldnt recommend making yoru updaterate any lower than 15(i use 19-20)

if yoru still to laggy you may try lowering your cmdrate to about 50 or so, but i never get to much outa playing with my cmdrate

basiclly as we ahve always said, you just have to play with your settings

if i missed something then yell, otherwise im gonna go own people

H22Teg(Ratchet)

Well, I figured out how to turn off v sync (thanks Casualty and Billy), but I'm still maxing out at 60FPS standing still and down into the 40's when firing or moving.

So.... I'm going to mess with the settings and see what I can come up with. Now, if I type them into console it will change them right? And then if I like them I can put them into my userconfig file?

Once I update my userconfig file is there anyway to tell if it uploads to the game?

CuRRyINaHuRRy

these are my settings...and i never get choke or loss :p

rate 25000
cl_updaterate 15
cl_cmdrate 30

P.S. for more than 100 fps ...type developer_1...i think

Hypnos

H22Teg(Ratchet) said:
Well, I figured out how to turn off v sync (thanks Casualty and Billy), but I'm still maxing out at 60FPS standing still

Have you gone into your monitor settings and raised the refresh rate? If your monitor is set at 60Hrz then the most you would ever be able to see would be 60 anyway. See if you can raise your monitors refresh rate up to 100Hrz.

Werbung: