userconfig.cfg

Hypnos

CuRRyINaHuRRy said:
If vsync is OFF...you dont have to worry about the refresh rate..it will no longer affect your fps.

Yes it will. If the monitor is set at 60Hrz then the screen can only show 60 frames per second. If you are getting 100 fps in game, but your monitor is at 60Hrz then you are wasting 40 frames per second....

Werbung:

CuRRyINaHuRRy

Hypnos said:
CuRRyINaHuRRy said:
If vsync is OFF...you dont have to worry about the refresh rate..it will no longer affect your fps.

Yes it will. If the monitor is set at 60Hrz then the screen can only show 60 frames per second. If you are getting 100 fps in game, but your monitor is at 60Hrz then you are wasting 40 frames per second....

wasting 40 fps??

Hypnos

Yes..wasting 40 frames. Your hardware is producing 100 fps. But a monitor with a refresh rate of 60Hrz can only display 60 frames second. So the other 40 frames that your graphics card is producing cannot be displayed.

Puppet

Hypnos said:
Yes..wasting 40 frames. Your hardware is producing 100 fps. But a monitor with a refresh rate of 60Hrz can only display 60 frames second. So the other 40 frames that your graphics card is producing cannot be displayed.

Correct....the job of vsync is to synchronize your frame rate on your video card to the frame rate of the monitor. I've seen monitors with large refresh rates. If you have one then I suggest you turn on developer and set fps_max to that refresh rate plus 5 and try to get that extra frame rate. Good luck.....but to the rest of us that are typically owning a 100 refresh rate monitor, forget that noise.

H22Teg(Ratchet)

My FPS counter is on all the time now, including when I first start the game, before I click on "servers". The wierd thing is that last night I noticed I was getting between 95 and 100 FPS, and as soon as I connected to the server I dropped to 30. Is this familiar to anyone?

H22Teg(Ratchet)

It only comes back up to around 30, sometimes up to 60 if I'm standing still. Last night it was especially heinous though I was maxing out at 20 in Aztec around 10:30 last night.

Puppet

You have issues. If you did the changes that Cas laid out and you still have problems with FPS then I'm betting it's something to do with the path to our server. Do this. Go to a command prompt and type:

tracert 66.36.236.37 > c:\tracert.txt

take the text out of that file and post it here so we can look at it.

Puppet

No. Verify you are still having the bad FPS then exit the game. Go to Start, then RUN, and enter CMD and click OK

that open a black box. Type the command from my last post into that box.

H22Teg(Ratchet)

Puppet said:
You have issues. If you did the changes that Cas laid out and you still have problems with FPS then I'm betting it's something to do with the path to our server. Do this. Go to a command prompt and type:

tracert 66.36.236.37 > c:\tracert.txt

take the text out of that file and post it here so we can look at it.

Tracing route to ns1.lo3.com [66.36.236.37]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 10.100.128.1

2 6 ms 7 ms 8 ms pos5-1.syrcnyrmh-rtr01.nyroc.rr.com [24.92.225.225]

3 8 ms 8 ms 8 ms pos5-0.syrcnyrmh-rtr01.nyroc.rr.com [24.92.225.217]

4 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms srp3-0.syrcnyspp-rtr03.nyroc.rr.com [24.92.229.204]

5 10 ms 12 ms 10 ms srp8-0.syrcnyspp-rtr02.nyroc.rr.com [24.92.224.138]

6 12 ms 13 ms 13 ms son2-0-1.albynywav-rtr03.nyroc.rr.com [24.92.224.170]

Werbung:

Puppet

That's not all the output. The final destination in your output should be 66.36.236.37. Take another look at the file I had you create called tracert.txt. Do this too. Go into Punx and verify you have the problem and open the console and enter net_graph 1 and then tell me what it reports your ping and choke and loss are. What do you have cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate set for?