VC: Is it worth rebuying games?

gamelover15

I have Starfox 64 and a Nintendo 64. It was a favorite of mine. I still like playing it, however, it's on the VC, so is it worth buying it again? I could just hook-up the N64 again and play.

Is there anypoint in rebuying games you own or should you just buy games you don't own (I was thinking about getting Mario Kart 64)

Werbung:

cereal_killerxx

Well if you already own the games, then it is pretty pointless to rebuy them for the Virtual Console. If I were you, I would purchase the games you don't own or never played before. Once you have beaten or are satisfied with those, then if you still feel the need to buy the games you do own, go for it.

Seeing as I sold my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and N64 years ago in order to purchase newer systems, I don't own anything so hurray for Wii! xD

Sousanator

Playing on the original system is a lot better. First off all you get to use the official N64 controller, and the game is exactly the same as when it first came out(no slow downs, or speed ups, framesips). Plus you don't want to waste your wii batteries. And theres always the nostalgia factor, of coarse.
I still have all my retro systems hooked up to my TV, so I always play original over emulated when I have a choice.

If the wii offered a online multiplayer with some of these games, like Mario Kart and/or GoldenEye, then it would be worth the VC points. I am not spending my money on games I already own, or could emulate with homebrew for free, unless if offers something I can't do with other versions.

beano

Sousanator mentioned slow downs/speed ups/frameslips

Are these a major factor in VC games? I've never downloaded any because I think they're too expensive.

If I could get the equivalent price for selling my old game son eBay I'd probably buy the VC ones just to have everything on one box, but firstly that's pretty unlikely and secondly it would depend on how severe the above issues were.

cereal_killerxx

beano said:
Sousanator mentioned slow downs/speed ups/frameslips

Are these a major factor in VC games? I've never downloaded any because I think they're too expensive.

If I could get the equivalent price for selling my old game son eBay I'd probably buy the VC ones just to have everything on one box, but firstly that's pretty unlikely and secondly it would depend on how severe the above issues were.
I've never experienced this personally but I heard it was a problem on some games for some people before the newest update.

Jesusdragon737

I've played Star Fox 64 for the VC, and it seems fine. Just like the original. The only complaint I would have is that you have to either use a Wii controller or a GC one. I like my N64 controller for N64 games, personally. Other than that, it's nice, because you don't have to blow in a cartridge for an hour just to get a game to work.

Werbung:

pkf0rtzh4ar

I have Starfox 64 and a Nintendo 64. It was a favorite of mine. I still like playing it, however, it's on the VC, so is it worth buying it again? I could just hook-up the N64 again and play.

Is there anypoint in rebuying games you own or should you just buy games you don't own (I was thinking about getting Mario Kart 64)

if you still got ur n64 than i advice not do do it... its 1000 wii points and thats 10 dollar :D...but if you want to get some free points than you should go to the site : nintendo-europe.com...its the official nintendo site and you can make a free account...on all your nintendo items is a code...type in this code and you get free wii points...so it might be worth buying games you dont got yet...but use the nintendo site to not waste money