virtual gloves for wii

shelton2211

If any of you remember the movie "Minority Report", then you might remember the scene where Tom Cruise interacts with the keyboard-free, futuristic computers using a pair of "virtual gloves" to type in commands and drag windows while searching for the bad guys. If you think that's a little farfetched, believe it or not, such technology might not be so far off with a little ingenuity using your Wiimote.

Yes, I'm not kidding. If you're wondering how it's possible, we have a video uploaded by jcl5m below showing how this nifty little trick can be done.

Using the principle of infrared tracking that the Wii Controller uses for its motion sensors, you can actually reproduce the hand and finger tracking technology from the movie with the help of a few accessories that you can easily purchase from Radio Shack.

If you still don't believe me, go ahead and watch the video below. If you're a Sci-Fi buff like me, you'll probably be on your way to the nearest gadget depot store to try out this setup. Be careful though, holding up your hands for an extended period of time while playing the Wii can be tiring.

Source: http://www.qj.net/Minority-Report-technology-using-Wiimote-finger-tracking-sensors/pg/49/aid/107403

Werbung: