optimizer.png

Features:
- Improve Map execution
- Reduce Map Space
- Reduce Map Loading Time
- Make things too difficult for GUI reconstructors

Get it here

3.8b:
- Fixed a bug with optimizer not being aware that functions might have extra spaces before their argument lists, and this
caused a probability for map optimizer to fail.
- Added a Safe IsUnitType option to let it fix IsUnitType bugs even i the most extreme cases (but it hits performance
a little I advice against using it unless there are problems.

3.8 :
- Fixed a bug that was making the optimizer create 2 files: c:\i.mpq and c:\h.mpq for no reason at all. The
contents of those files were the original and optimized versions of the map.
- Fixed a bug with 'Remove Useless Code' that made maps fail when optimized when they had and else before
an endif just before a line that uses a constant function that didn't take arguments.
- AntiBJ now changes GetUnitAbilityLevelSwapped to GetUnitAbilityLevel as it was supposed to do.
- The result map / script now uses 1 character to break lines instead of 2. This saves a pair of kilobytes in maps with big map
scripts.

3.7 (and 3.7b) :
- Many features fixes I don't remember (but the best of them is the (attributes) one.

3.6 :
- "Merge Initialization" , now saves even more script size and its merge globals process got a speed boost.
- "Optimize BJ functions" now also fixes a leak on GetCurrentCameraSetup and Adds a faster version of
PolarProjectionBJ.
- "Clean slks" no longer removes the special classification of units, cause it is actually considered by
the "Random Creep Unit Type" function.
- Added "Force Upper Case" option to "shortest variable/function names possible" it should be used to fix
a very rare bug that may happen in some maps when using that method.

3.5b:
- Fixed at least some of the bugs that may happen when using the optimizer on widgetized map.

3.5:
- Added 'Keep "Open Source"' option for Remove Editor Only Files.
- Fixed a bug with "Remove Editor Only Files" making the optimizer freeze and create a big map file when
being used on ROC files , special thanks to ShofetHaolam for reporting it. I forgot ROC maps when testing
this feature, sorry.
- You can now open the readme file from the about dialog.
- Fixed a bug with "Merge Initializations" not merging functions that were empty.
- "Shortest Number Representations" no longer requires you to use "Shortest Variable/function names possible"
and is also used by "Look for other files to obfuscate"

3.4b :
- Fixed a deadly bug: Remove "World Editor only files" was removing some data required in multiplayer!
- html readme

3.4 :
- Fixed a tricky bug that had a chance to appear when using 'Conditions' or 'Remove useless code' , the bug was actually blizzard's fault and was really tricky.
- Fixed bugs with clean BLPs option.
- Fixed 'Remove Editor only files' not removing the listfile when Buffer size or zlib weren't used.
- 'Remove Editor only files' now removes the WE data fro item/unit tables, forces, upgrades and ability availability.
- Changed the way 'Make world editor crash' works, it no longers turns the map into an infinite loop but it adds less space.

3.3 :
Spent my last week of freedom before new college semester on this, enjoy.

- Added clean BLPs option.
- Script optimization removes a lot of more useless spaces than before.
- Fixed a bug with Remove Editor Suffixes, in some rare situations it could disable an ability. It was actually blizzard's fault and seems to be caused by a change in patch 1.18.
- Fixed various bugs with the "Conditions" method.
- Improved "Conditions" method now avoids to add unnecesary parenthesis/spaces.
- Fixed a logic flaw that was making the "Shortest names possible" work only if the "Make sure to clean every unused function" method is checked. And it stopped the map from working if you checked the Optimize BJ functions method.
- Merged the "Merge" obfuscation methods (Merge initialization functions, merge global initializations and merge arrays init) into one method called "Merge initializations".
- Fixed a bug wit the "Shortest names possible" method combined with functions that had local variable names that started with array, causing map corruption (This is the kind of bug you would only note when optimizing a WEU map)
- Fixed a bug that was disabling the optimizer to fix a map correctly if it didn't have a war3map.wts (Mostly the case of a special kind of widgetized map)

- By popular demand added "Make World Editor Crash" option.

[/b]

Werbung:

Splatt

Could you upload the newest WC Map Optimiser on rapidshare.net?I would do that,but unfortunately,i have a pretty old version of it...

james1654

Hey, arkidas, are we allowed to talk map protection here? cos im very against map protection and would like to make a thread to try and persuad people not to protect maps. this would make a discusion, however, and would include people who are Backing map protection.

Fladian

As I recall, it is never forbidden to start such a discussion, the only thing which is forbidden is giving the solutions to unprotect. Though I might be mistaking.

As for being on topic :p
I never use any special addition to the maps, except skins, models and the like.

ragingspeedhorn

The solution on how to unprotect maps should never get into the wrong hands or soon every map on battlenet will have a "ULTRRA MEGA COL VERSION BY: L33T-BLADEM4ST4" :p

Splatt

True
[/b]
spam your post is....try to restrain from using one word in your posts...
james1654:
I highly support map protections,since they prevent -=|n00bs|=- at making "ULTRA SUP4H W1TH 1337 CH34TS" maps(editing decent maps,into a laggy and buggy piece of...).Imagine how much bandwith of wc3sear.ch would go on those maps...

N00byStance

I highly support map protections,since they prevent -=|n00bs|=- at making "ULTRA SUP4H W1TH 1337 CH34TS" maps(editing decent maps,into a laggy and buggy piece of...).Imagine how much bandwith of wc3sear.ch would go on those maps...
[/b]

Couldn't form it better, thank you.

Undead_Lives

I personally support Map Protection, but I also believe when you are done with a project (and you have somewhere to upload the real version at all times) that you should unprotect to help the modding community. Or go like DotA does, and make a new version every week so no one will bother to edit it :p

Werbung: