What is your key setup?

Ramon Knight

Looking at the 'duck/jump' post, i immediately noticed something...who the FUCK uses spacebar to jump? I havent used the keyboard for such a thing since back when i played duke nukem 3d (which had automatic aim so you didnt have to use the mouse) Well, it made me curious enough to ask, what setup do you people have? Here's what i got:

1 2 3 (primary, secondary, knife, auto select)
4 - nades
q e - strafe left, right
w s - forward, back
a d - turn left/right (pointless but i keep it anyway)
lmb - fire
rmb - jump (fifth most used button, switched to mouse for easier access)
l ctrl - duck
f - secondary weapon function
r - reload
k - mike
u - talk (kept hitting 'y' and screwing myself over by bringing the chat prompt up, so i switched it)
m - stack..er..team switch (again, i kept hitting the original button..h i think..so i moved it to 'm')

Werbung:

DiLLa

this ones been done before but here goes my crazy shit...

mouse 4 - use key
< > - strafe left, right
mouse 2 mouse 1 - forward, back
ctrl - fire
spacebar - jump
shift - duck
" - secondary weapon function
enter - reload
m - mic
u - talk (kept hitting 'y' and screwing myself over by bringing the chat prompt up, so i switched it)
m - stack..er..team switch (again, i kept hitting the original button..h i think..so i moved it to 'm')

Sortitout

DiLLa said:
this ones been done before but here goes my crazy shit...

mouse 4 - use key
< > - strafe left, right
mouse 2 mouse 1 - forward, back
ctrl - fire
spacebar - jump
shift - duck
" - secondary weapon function
enter - reload
m - mic

wtffff! U gotta be kidding me. that's retarded. but i guess it works for u

1 2 3 (primary, secondary, knife, auto select)
4 - nades
q e - strafe left, right
w s - forward, back
lmb - fire
rmb - secondary weapon
l ctrl - duck
alt-jump
r - reload
caps lock - mike
shift-walk

btw ramon how the hell do you hit k to use mic? if your left hand is way over there and your right hand on mouse? or do you use your third hand???

Dirty

wasd

f- mic
r- reload
space- jump
left mouse- shoot
right mouse- 2ndary shoot
cntrl- superduper jump
uhh- I dont remember the rest... I just press things.

Machiavelli

The more I look at dilla's setup I like it. I bet everyone one would be a hell of a lot less likely to spray when you're bound to a keyboard key

Mine...

all default keys
numpad - buy scripts
, - buy single primary clip
. - buy single secondary clip
lmb - fire
rmb - action/silencer
mouse4(thumb trigger1) - quick switch script
mouse5(thumb trigger2) - mic

DiLLa

i had to learn that way cuz i used to play on my lil bro's pc and he got pissed off and would do some dumb shit like uninstall cs everytime i chnged the buttons...we didnt kno about exec config.cfg then

controler5wy.jpg

the red shift lets me togle between that layout and a 2ndary one that has my 1-0 keys f1-f4 and some of the macro;s I play in game. I never use the gamepads mouse wheel though.

Hetfield14

JustAnotherStayAtHomeDad said:
controler5wy.jpg

the red shift lets me togle between that layout and a 2ndary one that has my 1-0 keys f1-f4 and some of the macro;s I play in game. I never use the gamepads mouse wheel though.

that shit makes about as much sense to me as michael jackson's fucked up face

RaNcid

up and down arrow keys = forward and backwards
left and right arrow keys = strafe left and strafe right
ctrl = jump
end = crouch
page down = showscores
\ = fastswitch
enter= mic
spacebar = drop weapon
shift= walk
e = use
y= say
u= say_team
p= stopsound
mouse1 = fire
mouse2 = secondary action
mouse 3 = reload
mouse scroll up and down = scroll weapons

Sortitout

what is this quick switch businesss. how the hell have i been playing without such knowledge of jumping and switching and stuff. goddamn all u hackers keeping all this info to yourselves. thwap!

RaNcid

look in your options>controls find the thing that says switch to last weapon and that switches fast between whatever was your last weapon. example : select the m4. run around. select pistol. See enemy. hit fastswitch button. your back to the m4. kill enemy.

Sortitout

RaNcid said:
look in your options>controls find the thing that says switch to last weapon and that switches fast between whatever was your last weapon. example : select the m4. run around. select pistol. See enemy. hit fastswitch button. your back to the m4. kill enemy.

hmmm that would be quite useful. i will look into that. i thank u. but will this beautiful button help me if i have a bomb out to plant and someone pops up to shoot me some?

Werbung:

Machiavelli

Sortitout said:
RaNcid said:

hmmm that would be quite useful. i will look into that. i thank u. but will this beautiful button help me if i have a bomb out to plant and someone pops up to shoot me some?

that's when you go and get the quick switch script and it will allow you to change amongst all of your weapons. main>pistol>knife>nade>bomb>main>pistol>knife>yougettheidea