What should Sony do to have a better E3 next year?

Sony's show was pretty average. Mostly good, not too much bad. But no flare like their past shows. It was great to see games like Starhawk and Sly 4. But the problem with their show is some of the games they took time to show were ones we seen from last years show. Like Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 for example. The idea for E3 should be to show what we'll play in the fairly distant future. Not in the immediate one. The bright spot by far was the PS Vita, formerly codenamed the NGP. If the Vita proves anything, it's that Sony has learned their lesson about price. This time around their hand held is priced competitively. And somehow, they still managed to be feature rich. My big concern is that it might become a side story machine to Sony's main games, just like the PSP. I think the Vita needs it's own exclusive franchises outside of the PS3 in order to have true mainstream appeal. Overall, a decent show, but could have been better. What do you guys think Sony needs to improve for next years E3?

Werbung:

Soulwatcher

They need to come out with the PS4 next year. I don't think gamer's are going to be very happy if they just show PS3 games and Vita games again. 2014 is way to long to wait to come out with the PS4. If they wait that long they are going to loose a ton of business.

Visceral Conflict

I disagree would the opinion of Soulwatcher. I don't believe Sony should release the PS4, but produce games that utilize more of its potential. Due to companies releasing games for both the PS3 and Xbox 360, PS3's potential is being left untapped just to satisfy the capabilities of the Xbox 360. I think Sony should ensure more games are being released solely for the PS3. This way the games are a lot better and R&D can continue to plan for the PS4 instead of rushing the release to "keep up" with Microsoft.

Dealge

Sony will probably be unveiling the PS4 at this year's E3, but it won't be released for another 2 years I'm guessing. They need to pull some of the attention away from Nintendo and the WIiU.

Werbung:

sammy

An announcement mapping out their plans for a new Playstation model would be enough to wow people. Just have a mission statement. No tech demo. It'll build hype for e3 2013.

Other Sony brands are struggling right now. There are all kinds of rumors about Sony ducking out of the gaming business because of this. I don't see it happening. The Playstation brand is still making them a ton of money. They would be better off getting rid of Sony Music or something. Letting people know that Playstation is far from dead is enough to impress everyone. It says that times are rough for Sony as a whole, but they want the fans to know that doesn't effect the gaming side of things much.