Whats your control set-up?

Seawied

In general, the less you have to rely on in-game mouse movement acceleration, the better. Why?

Simple: the way laser mice works is reading how much your mouse moves by plotting x amount of dots per inch (or DPI). The higher your mouse's DPI, the more accurate the computer reads your hand movement. Ball mice work in a similiar fashion, but I don't care enough to learn about them since they are outdated and a huge hassle.

Your in game mouse configuration exaggerates your mouse movement by multiplication. If you have a 1000 DPI mouse (fairly mid-high range), then if you move the mouse 1 inch with in-game mouse sensitivity set to default 10, the game reads you have moved your mouse over 10,000 dots. If you have a 2,000 DPI mouse, it would have read 20,000.

The better players do not use high sensitivity due to the fact they all have gaming mice with high DPI rates. It is better to rely on your mouse sensitivity because of the mutliplication factor creates pockets where you cannot reach your target easy. Let me explain

If your mouse is on the center of the screen, and you see a far away enemy, you'll need to scroll over him to shoot him. If you need to move between 7500-8000 dots to get to him, it is incredibly difficult to hit him using the in-game sensitivity increase. Lets examine this with our 1000 dpi mouse at 10 sensitivity.

Using those settings you would have to move between 3/4th an inch to 4/5ths an inch shoot your target, leaving you a margin of error of 1/20th of an inch (practically nothing). Using mouse acceleration of 1, you would have 1/2th an inch margin of error to hit your target (which is a freaking huge amount of space). The more leeway you allow for error, the better.

The downside to lower sensitivity is that your reaction time may be a fraction of a second slower due to the time it takes your hand to move your mouse from point a to point b. This is where personalization kicks in. Good players adjust the sensitivity to create a balance between quick reaction and wide margin of error. Usually it is better to have a lower sensitivity than your ideal balance than a higher sensitivity than your ideal.

My ideal balance is between 2-3.

does that make sense?

Werbung:

chrisbrown

In general, the less you have to rely on in-game mouse movement acceleration, the better. Why?

Simple: the way laser mice works is reading how much your mouse moves by plotting x amount of dots per inch (or DPI). The higher your mouse's DPI, the more accurate the computer reads your hand movement. Ball mice work in a similiar fashion, but I don't care enough to learn about them since they are outdated and a huge hassle.

Your in game mouse configuration exaggerates your mouse movement by multiplication. If you have a 1000 DPI mouse (fairly mid-high range), then if you move the mouse 1 inch with in-game mouse sensitivity set to default 10, the game reads you have moved your mouse over 10,000 dots. If you have a 2,000 DPI mouse, it would have read 20,000.

The better players do not use high sensitivity due to the fact they all have gaming mice with high DPI rates. It is better to rely on your mouse sensitivity because of the mutliplication factor creates pockets where you cannot reach your target easy. Let me explain

If your mouse is on the center of the screen, and you see a far away enemy, you'll need to scroll over him to shoot him. If you need to move between 7500-8000 dots to get to him, it is incredibly difficult to hit him using the in-game sensitivity increase. Lets examine this with our 1000 dpi mouse at 10 sensitivity.

Using those settings you would have to move between 3/4th an inch to 4/5ths an inch shoot your target, leaving you a margin of error of 1/20th of an inch (practically nothing). Using mouse acceleration of 1, you would have 1/2th an inch margin of error to hit your target (which is a freaking huge amount of space). The more leeway you allow for error, the better.

The downside to lower sensitivity is that your reaction time may be a fraction of a second slower due to the time it takes your hand to move your mouse from point a to point b. This is where personalization kicks in. Good players adjust the sensitivity to create a balance between quick reaction and wide margin of error. Usually it is better to have a lower sensitivity than your ideal balance than a higher sensitivity than your ideal.

My ideal balance is between 2-3.

does that make sense?

uhh i stopped at acceleration..

Werbung: