When I get my wii, should I sell my Gamecube?

Jesusdragon737

At first I wasn't even thinking about it. Of course I would sell my gamecube. There would be no reason to keep it. But I realized that some games or different accessories might possibly not work on the wii. Like my friend sometimes has trouble playing one of his Gamecube games on the wii, but it works most the time on the Gamcube. So what do you guys think?

Werbung:

beano

I was going to sell mine on eBay, the only reason I haven't so far is because I didn't think I'd get much for it. I haven't decided not to, just haven't found the motivation yet.

LinkHylian

I would suggest that you keep it because the GameBoy Player will not work on the Wii but will work on the Gamecube.I traded mine in because of the fact that the Wii is backwards compatible with Gamecube games but I regret selling now.But I did get Metroid Prime:Hunters for trading in my Gamecube.

killman360

I would keep it unless you need the extra cash.Although it might be almost useless now, it is good to at least collect(if you are collecting game systems.....):mellow:

Gdog

I was going to sell mine, but I found out, the only place (other than ebay) that buys gamecubes, only buys them for $10!

Jesusdragon737

Hyrules007 said:
I wouldn't sell it. The Gamecube Action Replay isn't compatible with the Wii therefore I'm never going to sell my Gamecube.

Action Replay doesn't work on the wii? Hmmmmmm..... Well, I don't have Action Replay right now, so that wouldn't be a problem, but I might want to get it later...:mellow:

Hyrules007

The Gamecube Action Replay used to work on the Wii but Nintendo decided to block that device from working on the Wii via a firmware update. If you haven't updated your Wii at all the Action Replay may work... but you'd be missing out on all of the cool new updates.

With Nintendo blocking the Gamecube Action Replay now, I just wonder if Nintendo's going to block the upcoming Wii Action Replay? If that's so - there's going to be a silent war between Nintendo and Cokejunkies (the folks who make the Action Replay; we may see Nintendo blocking the Wii Action Replay, then Cokejunkies may update the Wii Action Replay to workaround the block, then Nintendo may update the Wii to block the Wii Action Replay again...

Jesusdragon737

Hyrules007 said:
The Gamecube Action Replay used to work on the Wii but Nintendo decided to block that device from working on the Wii via a firmware update. If you haven't updated your Wii at all the Action Replay may work... but you'd be missing out on all of the cool new updates.

Well, I don't have a wii yet. I hope to be getting one in about a month. Do new wiis come with the updates?

shelton2211

im thinking they might just because when sony did the new psp's they came out with the same firmware my friend had and he had the latest version

but you should keep it
im looking at pawn shops to get one cheap so that i can mod it

Werbung:

Kirby

Might as well keep it, you can't get much out of it, and since it's out of date, you could mod it to your likeing, if you so wish to do so.