who here actually has blu-ray

Werbung:

Johnhg7

Nope, no point as long as they still make DVD's, we only switched from VCR because it was cheaper to make than tape.

Niwi

I had a ps3 but I sold it because I don't really get around to gaming that much anymore and since I already own a Wii and a Xbox 360.

Guess I'll just wait till the oldschool dvd officially dies and gets replaced with the bluray standard before I buy a bluray player. But hopefully by then Nintendo will have launched a new console with bluray capability. :3

Kiroku

When the PS3 originally came out; it was the cheapest blu ray player. Their is a new player out that is 99 brand new and would be cheaper then the system.

titch.ryan

some have blu-ray drives or you can donwload rips of blu-ray disks.

PCs with good graphics cards can handle 1080p rips :) but seeing as I only have a laptop I have to manage with 780p.

Werbung:

Santos Bulus

We have a HDTV and a sony blu-ray dvd player. There is a HUGE difference. Blu-ray produces crisp, beautiful, lifelike scenes. its almost like looking out a window it looks so real.The Blueray quality is more vibrant, and the colors look a lot better.Up-converting DVD players scale DVD images to pseudo-HD resolution (and can remove some artifacts). A good up-converting DVD player can give a picture from a well mastered DVD that is very close to Blu-ray quality, especially on a 720p HDTV viewed from slightly further than optimum HD viewing distance.