Why do shooters attract people?

ECompany

Shooters allow you play out scenarios and kill "virtual" people without risking your own life. It's exhilarating being able to sneak up on someone, or snipe someone from across the map or get down and dirty! The best part is that even if you die, you'll still be able to do that stuff again; as opposed to real-life where you've only one life to lose. Ultimately, it's a very fun escape from reality and, to me at least, it's as close to war as I'd want to get. Also, as others have stated, it's a good stress reliever.

Werbung:

Scoobysteaks

I think it is for the competitiveness and how so many people started playing it it just attracted more and more people. Nevertheless I find it exciting to dominate.

Tobaka

I've been playing alot of FPS because of my friends. We have moved to other games now though :p Any game is fun with your friends :D

iArvee

Shooter games are a great way of relieving stress! As for multiplayer, great teamwork and just the mere fun of it is what won me over.

beckyv1265

I used to work in a high stress job dealing with stupid people everyday. When I got home from work my favorite way to relieve stress was to put in a Zombie killing game and have at em. Its like shooting stupid people for me. I am not a violent person by nature. Most of the time I am really laid back. Maybe because I shoot alot of zombies. When stupid people start to stress me I just picture them as Zombies and think yea I am so gonna shoot you later. It helps me keep my cool. It also keeps me from beating my children and leaving my man. One of my favorites is Left for Dead Versus mode. My man and I get to compete with the kids and slaughter them. lol

Alpha

The multiplayer.

Of course the single players good too.

I love them because of all the action in it, having to hide, run, shoot and sneak etc...I've always loved shooter games.

Ronald Ramos

Games are the only place where you can shoot people and act all badass. Kidding aside, I think gamers, especially the modern kind, gravitate towards shooter because they are becoming more like film. Set pieces here and there that set the tone of the atmosphere reel in players looking to get on their brutal side and be the protagonist of a roller coaster ride of an adventure. Despite this, we have become familiar to this kind of pacing because all of us are familiar with film and that's why we are so attracted to shooters.

eripas

Hmm. Not only do you get to kill people. You can also do so by not going to jail. haha. You could focus all your rage towards something by playing them and enjoy! :D

cris2fear

Let's say that for an average person like me, its the closest and cheapest way I could experience being in shootouts and it feels good as it kinda relives your stress and releases anxiety, its like shooting your sorrows away

Slavic15

ill try to add and say, that sometimes it's a great realxer (lol), i mean, sometimes when im pissed off it actually helps, unless im playing against a hacker...or lags

bigkurita

With FPS games, there is a sense of speed and thrill in it. Everyone loves competing and knowing who is the best. FPS games also requires a lot of tactics and strategy. You can't just walk into a battlefield all by yourself thinking you can take out a whole fleet without dying unless it is a team of people who can't even hold the controller right. Another thing I like about FPS games is the ability to communicate with other people allowing for teamwork.

Epicfied

I don't enjoy them but my boyfriend and his friends do. They tend to group up and go against each other.
It seems that they like them because they seem more realistic than a lot of games.
Guns have a more familiar feeling to add to the realism than magic and such.

Werbung:

ACSAPA

There are a lot of things about this world that are stressful, unfair and frustrating.

Shooter games allow you to go on a rampage and start blowing things up without hurting any actual people or doing anything unethical.

You can pretend that the Vietcong is your douche-y boss and throw a grenade at him, and no one gets hurt. I think that's the appeal for a lot of people.