Wii Browser Hack

Werbung:

Randomboy

You can probably just change it back if you want your Wii Shop Channel again. This is pointless for me as I got the Browser when it was free anyway.

Hyrules007

Da Geek said:
Why aren´t you gonna do it?
Whats the disbenefints of doing it?

Why would I want to waste my time trying to hack my Wii to go online when I already own the Internet Channel? Had I not own the Internet Channel I would try it out.

shadowofchaos

gunners-4-life said:
hockeyhero said:
gunners-4-life said:
forget it, im not doing anything to harm my wii

i dont think it would harm your wii

but nintendo could brick it

That is quite possible... I'd just rather buy the Internet Channel Thank you very much...

Better than trying to get my Wii fixed or buying a new one if it DOES get bricked.... which would suck so much....

Werbung:

beano

OK so we now know that the Wii has a decent web browser built in so what's their excuse for charging 500 points to add an address bar and forward/back buttons?! Disgraceful profiteering.

TBH while I'm happy that someone has figured this out as a 2-fingers to Nintendo, I wouldn't be arsed and will just load up Firefox on my PC any time I need it.

Now if someone could port Firefox or another OS browser to Wii, that would be impressive.

EDIT: PS I don't think it would be practical for Nintendo to brick your Wii for doing this. As the video shows, you can just change the settings back anyway. All your actually doing is changing the server that the Wii gets address (DNS) details from.