Wii Drum High

jesta

I have previously written about a Drum machine hack which uses a Wiimote to connect to a PC via bluetooth and then flicking the wiimote makes drum sounds. Well Wii Drum High goes a step further...

4-9-08-nintendo-wii-mushroom-rock-pads12.jpg

(This doe not represent Wii Drum High)

With Nintendo Wii remote, Nunchuk and Wii Balance Board, it is easy to produce drum kit sounds from programming of their acceleration, joystick and weight data. These data can be transmitted from Wii controllers via Bluetooth to PC or Mac without Wii consoles. Wii Drum High integrates all three kinds of Wii controllers to stimulate a complete drum set of Hi-hat, Snare, Base drum, Crash cymbal, Ride cymbal, Mid tom and Low tom. Up to 4 sets of Wii remote and nunchuk can be used at the same time. (one of my colleague succeeded in connecting 5 wiimotes to a PC, but I've never tried)

This software is written in C# and utilizes Windows Presentation Foundation (or WPF) within .NET Framework 3.5 for user interface and animation. The data from wii controllers is collected using Brian Peek's WiimoteLib API, and sound is programmed with DirectSound.

Requirements and Usage

For Windows XP, you need to download and install .NET Framework 3.5.
For Wndows Vista, no additional installation of .NET Framework is required.

1. Connect your Wiimote, Nunchuk (optional) and Wii Balance Board (optional) to your PC via Bluetooth. There are a number of tutorials online on how to do this, for quick start, you may download a trial version of BlueSoleil and follow this article.
2. Run the application.

Download here

Link and video here

Werbung:
Werbung: