Wii homebrew?

A

arken0493

I figure, since the Wii has a SD slot, couldn't you download content to your SD card and load it to the Wii? (example: firefox - wii edition. That'd be awesome.)

If theres something about this, that'd be cool.

Werbung:

Sousanator

There is a mod were you can convert your sd slot into a sd gecko(in that sort of sense). That allows you to play Gamecube homebrew through the sd slot (without the need for a sd gecko) with action replay, but this method was blocked off by the 3.0x firmware update. However, if you had a modchip you could still use it to play Gamecube homebrew.

badboykane

You can run homebrew, emulators and a few other bits through the gecko sd adapter from the gamecube mem card slot, all current homebrew is for gamecube anyway. However since the 3.0 update this method doesn't work so the only way for homebrew at the moment for those who have updated is to mod the wii

winapa

See now, this stance from Nintendo annoys me. I have a little handheld called a GP2X, its not really got any commercial software for it, but what it does have is an amazing homebrew community. Nintendo are missing out on a big market here. Just to give you an idea, my GP2X currently has amongst alot of other things a MAME emulator on it which lets me run arcade roms, and also has a PSX emulator in development...It can emulate Amiga's, Atari ST's, Spectrum...I could go on for hours.

Of course what Nintendo is worried about is obvious....Emulators mean cutting into VC sales of which they've already made a massive massive amount of money from.

kevmaster

I'm not exactly sure wat site it was, but I found a site that told you how to do Firefox for Wii. Why would having Firefox make a difference anyway?

kevmaster

wiipointsmaster said:
firefox wii would be cool. im just wondering what homebrew is?

Homebrew is when people make their own games and play them on a system that usually wouldnt support them, so you need some sort of mod to the console.

Ryano

kevmaster said:
wiipointsmaster said:
firefox wii would be cool. im just wondering what homebrew is?

Homebrew is when people make their own games and play them on a system that usually wouldnt support them, so you need some sort of mod to the console.

And can I just tell people before they do mod there console that you lose your warranty when you do so...

beerbert

that would save alot of money but the wii is too special of a console to mess around with it and i would like to have all the boxes of the games i have even though i do homebrew on my ds but they aint exactly amazing

Werbung: