Wii Wi-Fi Internet Connection Problem

Keep It Real

I was connected to the internet, but then for some reason unknown to me, I could not connect anymore. I tried connecting to the access point from each connection tab, but each gave me an error. Connection 1 gave me 51330, Connection 2 gave me 51331, and Connection 3 gave me 51332, all while trying to connect to the same access point. Anyone have any advice?

Werbung:

Rybo5000

Check your router
Then try double checking everything you entered into your wii is correct
Delete the connection and re-make

Try one of the above ^ or contact Nintendo

wiipointsmaster

try restarting your router and make sure you turn your wii off before restarting and then back on after done restarting. this happens to me sometimes and i just restart my router and wait a while and it works like a charm.

kaitora

it's probably a router problem... do as wiipointsmaster said, and if all else fails contact the manufacturer of the router or just buy a new router

wiipointsmaster

kaitora said:
it's probably a router problem... do as wiipointsmaster said, and if all else fails contact the manufacturer of the router or just buy a new router

ya i think i have to buy a new router too becuase i have to restart mine like everyday and it gets really annoying.

Keep It Real

It's wierd because my friend brought his wii over, but his had no problem connecting at all. I didn't do anything different when connecting his.

Phillysoul11

Keep It Real said:
It's wierd because my friend brought his wii over, but his had no problem connecting at all. I didn't do anything different when connecting his.

thats really weird...maybe your wii has an internal damage...

Keep It Real

I should have bought the boxed Wii next to it huh? <.<
Such a hassle if I actually have to call Nintendo x.x
If i do, will I have to pay, weather it's internal damage, or a router problem?

Kirby

This exact problem happened to me.

Here's what to do:

-Set your router channel to channel 1, this has worked the best for me and still works for me. Go to Nintendo.com/support if you need directions on how to get to your router's settings

-Keep your router away from metal objects, and preferably high up, like on a shelf, this allows the signals from the router to travel more easily.

-2.4 Ghertz phone + wireless router = wireless internet doom. If you have these phones, get them as far away from the router as possible, better yet, get 5.8 Ghertz phones if you can.

-Sometimes you need to allow a new device to use your router with permission, this can easily be done by going to the router's settings.

Follow these guidelines and soon you'll be on your way to Wi-fi hapiness!*

*Results not guarenteed, well at least I tried!

shelton2211

ok here is what you do this happened to me yesterday

turn off wii
turn off the router
hook the router back in and then try getting the connection again

beerbert

Keep It Real said:
I should have bought the boxed Wii next to it huh? <.<
Such a hassle if I actually have to call Nintendo x.x
If i do, will I have to pay, weather it's internal damage, or a router problem?

what so u just bought a wii without the box or enything?

Keep It Real

Erm...no. I was just saying that I should just gotten a different Wii, and maybe things would be different. I got my Wii fresh out the box.

WiiGal

My Wii had wi-fi issues when my router had a password. But then the router reset itself so it doesn't have a password anymore, and my Wii connected just fine.

Werbung: