Winamp on Wii? New Version Coming

hockeyhero

Like Final Fantasy VII, the WinAmp media player is 10 years old! How the time flies.

And to celebrate, WinAmp, now owned by AOL, will be releasing version 5.5, whose functionalities take a square aim at iTunes, on 10/10 at 10:10 a.m. Clever.

In addition to being Wii-compatible, the new version will, according to Wired, who has had a chance to check it out, include:

-The Winamp Remote feature, which can stream music and videos from your computer to any other computer, Nintendo Wii, or cellphones, by logging in to winamp.com/remote. iTunes only lets you stream to computers on your local nework

-The Media Monitor feature, which allows you browse MP3 blogs within Winamp, assembling tracks in a playlist and allowing you to download them to your computer

-The ability to email or text playlists to friends

-The ability to find concert tickets or videos for an artist by clicking on their name

Wild!

winamp.png

Full link...... http://www.xlr8r.com/topstories/2007/09/loading_sony_vs_halo_3_final_f.php

Werbung:

metroidprime3rules

hockeyhero said:
Like Final Fantasy VII, the WinAmp media player is 10 years old! How the time flies.

And to celebrate, WinAmp, now owned by AOL, will be releasing version 5.5, whose functionalities take a square aim at iTunes, on 10/10 at 10:10 a.m. Clever.

In addition to being Wii-compatible, the new version will, according to Wired, who has had a chance to check it out, include:

-The Winamp Remote feature, which can stream music and videos from your computer to any other computer, Nintendo Wii, or cellphones, by logging in to winamp.com/remote. iTunes only lets you stream to computers on your local nework

-The Media Monitor feature, which allows you browse MP3 blogs within Winamp, assembling tracks in a playlist and allowing you to download them to your computer

-The ability to email or text playlists to friends

-The ability to find concert tickets or videos for an artist by clicking on their name

Wild!

winamp.png

Full link...... http://www.xlr8r.com/topstories/2007/09/loading_sony_vs_halo_3_final_f.php

so you can download music to your wii?

kaitora

personally i see it as a wasted devlopment... as you won't be able to minimise it... so it's either music or gaming... personally i got my wii to play games

Jensa92

kaitora said:
personally i see it as a wasted devlopment... as you won't be able to minimise it... so it's either music or gaming... personally i got my wii to play games

your right, its almost useless... but one good thing is that my TV has the boggest speakers... so now the sound will be louder :dance2:

Theherolink_1

now that im thinking is pretty stupid is better listen to an ipod instead of conecting it to the wii...i just wish the wii had dvd player nothing else...

Ryano

Theherolink_1 said:
now that im thinking is pretty stupid is better listen to an ipod instead of conecting it to the wii...i just wish the wii had dvd player nothing else...

I would like that aswell, dunno why they didn't have the function in the 1st place...

Theherolink_1

Ryano said:
Theherolink_1 said:

I would like that aswell, dunno why they didn't have the function in the 1st place...

well nintendo always makes his consoles just for playing nothing else....like the Nintendo ds VS PSP ,PSP had more things like music player,movie player,web browser....and the DS just to play...nintendo always has done that..but now that i think it having those things arent really that good....like who wants to listen music if you only can use it on the menu? I say DVD player just in case when your DVD player breaks...thats all...

kaitora

see... there are reason's it's not enabled... however i would like to see games that can play your mp3's off SD for in game music... that would be nice

Werbung:

Becky

Hmm... this is one of things that intially sounds interesting, then you realise that actually it's not. I have my iPod hooked up to my hi-fi and my PC, so there's not really any reason for me to have something like this. Who carries their music around on SD cards anyway?