Wireless router?

Phillysoul11

hey guys, a couple of questions,
first off how do i know if i have a wireless router?
2nd if i do have a wireless router what equipment do i need for wi-fi play?
3rd if i dont have a wireless router can i play using wi-fi,if so what equipment do i need??
4th does a wireless router mean wireless internet acess?nintendo.com said u need wireless internet acess to have wi-fi on the wii
thanks so much u guys :)

Werbung:

Danny

1st: If it's not wired by USB (I think)
2nd: An internet connection
3rd: Wii LAN Adapter
4th: I think so..

Here's a question for me to you.. Sorry for off topicness but how old are you?

kaitora

to check, why not go into your routers settings... connect to the routers IP, usually being 192.168.1.1 and then log on and check to see if there are wireless options available

Kirby

1. A wireless router is something that you buy at the store. It stands (mostly, some models don't) and has some lights on it normally reqarding broadband link and local network status.

2. Simple, all you need to do is go to the settings in the Wii menu, then you go to internet settings, then click on Wireless connection. Your Wii should try to attempt to find your router. If your router is under security protection, then you are required to input your WEP code into your Wii (the WEP code is found in brackets under the router).

3. You can use Wi-Fi, but through using a USB cord that plugs into the front of a computer or USB router. You can get a LAN cable converter at any conveniance store if you only have a LAN router

4. You need to have some sort of internet service like SQL yahoo, internet explorer, Mozilla Fox, etc. to be able to connect to the internet. Think of it this way, if you can surf the internet on the computer (like how you just posted this thread), then you have internet access. The router is only something that connects to the internet and broadcasts the signal wirelessly.

hope this helps! ;)

gunners-4-life

Kirby said:
1. A wireless router is something that you buy at the store. It stands (mostly, some models don't) and has some lights on it normally reqarding broadband link and local network status.

2. Simple, all you need to do is go to the settings in the Wii menu, then you go to internet settings, then click on Wireless connection. Your Wii should try to attempt to find your router. If your router is under security protection, then you are required to input your WEP code into your Wii (the WEP code is found in brackets under the router).

3. You can use Wi-Fi, but through using a USB cord that plugs into the front of a computer or USB router. You can get a LAN cable converter at any conveniance store if you only have a LAN router

4. You need to have some sort of internet service like SQL yahoo, internet explorer, Mozilla Fox, etc. to be able to connect to the internet. Think of it this way, if you can surf the internet on the computer (like how you just posted this thread), then you have internet access. The router is only something that connects to the internet and broadcasts the signal wirelessly.

hope this helps! ;)

basically what i wanted to say but it depends on ur area and ur country as well

Gdog

A router is basically a wireless internet provider. To play wi-fi games, you need to set your Wii setting so that it will connect thru your router. To play wi-fi games, as long the internet is working, it will automatically go on to the internet for play. Ok, hope this helps :)

Gdog

jacobwii said:
good luck!

jacobwii said:

Ok, first of all, please do not double post. Second of all, please try and answer his questions, for this is in the Wii Help and Advice section. This means that they are looking for "help and advice", and most of the posts made should be trying to help him. If you have any questions, please Private Message Matt or any of the Administrators. Thanks!

Werbung:

sharp141

Gdog said:
jacobwii said:
good luck!

jacobwii said:

Ok, first of all, please do not double post. Second of all, please try and answer his questions, for this is in the Wii Help and Advice section. This means that they are looking for "help and advice", and most of the posts made should be trying to help him. If you have any questions, please Private Message Matt or any of the Administrators. Thanks!

matt should make a thread about the rules (if there isnt already)