World of Diablo???

refl3ction

my friend said to me the other day 'hey scott, you play warcraft and diablo and those games right?' why yes i do... 'did you know theyre gonna make a World of Diablo?' after that question i went into disscussion with him that a WoD would practically be the same as Diablo 2 except
1. better graphics
2. more ppl per game
3. less or no hackers

so after our little disscussion and my friend left, i went online and too google and searched, World of Diablo, and found no statement, discussion or any news about WoD from blizzard... i did find a forum-esqe thing at some gaming rumor site... but no info that can be proven as to a WoD in planning

so what im asking is. has neone here heard of a WoD? has ne1 searched through the blizz website for info on WoD...
if they are going to make it i would probably play it unless it requires a super computer or payment

Werbung:

MeTaL GuArD

unless it requires a super computer or payment[/b]

Or both which is the most probable if the game would really show up.

I doubt that Blizzard would start working on another MMORPG. WoW is enough right now.
BTW: World of Diablo would need other character creation system than the one in Diablo II, as there would be thousands if not millions of players in it and it would need to stay clones free. They would have to make more classes, of course, and a face editor like in the Sims 2 or another game with that inplemented.

Fladian

I haven't heard of it either, but recently I am starting to hear less and less about such things. I am not as updated as I used to be... this has nothing to do with my job though.

Like Undead mentioned, your friend was probably joking. Even if he wasn't I have my doubts they would call it 'World of Diablo.'

Fladian

Well, no, that's not really what I meant. But it would not really be good for World of Warcraft either... not to mention that it just doesn't sound right. 'World of Diablo.' :p

Undead_Lives

What I meant was that it would be too much like World of Warcraft.
And besides who needs another MMORPG? Blizz makes tons scamming people $15 a month.

Fladian

True enough... not all potential has been drawn from WoW just yet. Not to mention that it is still being bought and is still in a hype. There is no reason to announce a new game while the older one is still being sold. "Financial Destruction," is what they call it, as I recall... hey, can't say that I spend my school days by doing nothing, aye? :p I did graduate you know? :p I'm one of the ten people who graduated.

Kem Rixen

It's a very fun game, I loved WoW, the only reason I stopped playing was because the school year started. Blizzard isn't scamming, the $15 a month goes to new content and such, if you noticed, unlike other MMO's, Blizzard isn't putting out a billion expansion packs, in fact, the first one hasn't even come out yet. So instead of making really biased statements, you should actually pay attention to the game itself.

On another note, there have been rumors of a Diablo 3 for years, it is most likely in the making as last year or so they were hiring people for Blizzard North, the group that makes the Diablo games. I doubt it'll be an MMORPG though...

Kem Rixen

You're missing the point, the $15 a month goes to adding new things for the game, and keeping the servers up. The standard price for the game would in no way cover this and be unreasonable.

TerranUp16

Guild Wars isn't doing too well though.

Anyway, some monetary compensation per a month is necessary, however, $15 US is pushing it. $5-$10 a month is reasonable.

Anyway, they are definitely working on something Diablo. Blizzard said its next game won't be an RTS, which leaves either a console game, or Diablo basically.

Even if they make World of Diablo, it will still just be called Diablo 3, as the difference won't be too great that they would need to change the name.

Werbung:

Squishy-1

my friend said to me the other day 'hey scott, you play warcraft and diablo and those games right?' why yes i do... 'did you know theyre gonna make a World of Diablo?' after that question i went into disscussion with him that a WoD would practically be the same as Diablo 2 except
[/b]
first off i hate ur name and highly suggest u change it and secondly blizzard isnt making a world of diablo diablo is over unless they make a prequill (which would be the exact same as diablo one but instead of butcher quest it would be the butchers betrayal instead of poisoned water it would be prevent poisoned water instead of kill lazuras it would be seek diablo with lazuras and be betrayed and instead of kill diablo and attempt to sustain the power of his soulstone as the previous hero didnt it would be kill diablo and attempt to sustain the power of his soulstone) not only that there wouldnt b a second team cuz the monsters are way too underpowered and everything would be killed to easily smack ur friend hes dum!

(i know theres a b i was emphasising a joke!)

---------edit----------

A really biased statement? I've played WoW, it's nothing special. And so $15 bucks a month after you've already payed for the game is a rip off[/b]
ehhh no a server with anywhere near as much people as they have is extremely expensive and they have a nonstop team dedicated to making new quests and all that happy crap and in that case why are all the best games charging monthly for example everquest and how many servers is it that they have oh yeah lots