World of STARCRAFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werbung:

Abelhawk

That link just gets me to gamespot.com, and it won't go any further into the link. I think I heard of what you're talking about though, think I saw it. Funny.

TerranUp16

The screenshots were edited SC Ghost screenshots.

Anyway, a WoS could indeed be done, and it could be fun, with effective and strong design. And from the standpoint of a pro designer, I actually did like the basic outline given in the article, even though it was fake.

My opinion:
Blizzard used this as a test. They're looking to see if the market is there for a WoS, and they are testing some of their ideas, and the public's reaction to them. WoS may not be here anytime soon, but I have no doubt it will be some time. Within a day, even though it was only an April Fool's joke, WoS had secured the top spot on GameSpot's top 10 (placement seems to be attained by how many people add the game to their watched/tracked games list per week), so you can bet that Blizzard will eventually capitolize on that. For all we know, they may be doing so now. WoW won't last forever, as something new will eventually come along and knock it down.

Werbung:
Status
Not open for further replies.