+frequent game releases
+Halo
-Frequently defective
-Pay to use online
-Poor backwards compatability
-Poor customer service

Werbung:

spuznick242

There is other threads about this all ready but since PS3 is free to play online, there is acctually more online players. I'm not sure exactly what the numbers are because I have to go to school like 5 minutes ago, but I'll find them, but PS3 online players are higher than Xbox because its free mainly, that and blue-ray, and I'll just stop here because I can go for days about this.

I See You

XBOX 360:
+Best for Shooters (opinion but i agree)
+most people online (not sure about that)
+cheaper (yes)
+most violent games (i see pretty violent in both)
+frequent game releases (sure like other consoles)
+Halo (debatable, call of duty games are better)
-Frequently defective (not anymore since the Jasper model)
-Pay to use online (half right, you need it to play against people but i can go on there and use netflix without xbox live gold)
-Poor backwards compatability (yes but you can download past games from the marketplace which you can also do on ps3)
-Poor customer service (sometimes, they have thier good days)

i dont think your list covers the actual good parts of the 360

Harry Wendell

Hello guys!

A great information and I know Xbox Live is awesome, but I can't explain why, and I must in order to complete a report for school.

spuznick242

XBOX 360:
+Best for Shooters (opinion but i agree)
+most people online (not sure about that)
+cheaper (yes)
+most violent games (i see pretty violent in both)
+frequent game releases (sure like other consoles)
+Halo (debatable, call of duty games are better)
-Frequently defective (not anymore since the Jasper model)
-Pay to use online (half right, you need it to play against people but i can go on there and use netflix without xbox live gold)
-Poor backwards compatability (yes but you can download past games from the marketplace which you can also do on ps3)
-Poor customer service (sometimes, they have thier good days)

i dont think your list covers the actual good parts of the 360

Well it might be cheaper but you get no hard drive and you have to use memory cards, which is like one game per memory card, also if you wanted to get an aftermarket HDD that would cost an extra $100, so your already equal to the PS3 price with 60gbs less and everything else PS3 offers. Then if you want to play online you pretty much need a wireless adapter or a really really long either net cord, so at this point your in about $400 plus tax so like $425 and you dont even have everything yet that the PS3 has. Then your first month to play online is like $10 (roughly). So yes the PS3 might cost $100 more up front, but you end up saving around $150(easily) just in your first month of having it. There is only 17million Xbox Live users in the world, PS3 just broke 28million daily users, not to mention the accounts made and not used EVERYDAY but every now and then.. No system has more violent games, Xbox has the halo generation and that is about it, every other game that xbox has is out for PS3. You can even play Halo on PS3 with a bit of work, so Halo isnt even a 360 exclusive. As for your negatives, I agree completely. PS3 though you can download movies for free (I have like 50 of them so far) and I only know of 3 PS3s that broke in my school since their release which was because of person error. My cousin left her PS3 on for 9 weeks and it was fine, didnt over heat once or have the slightest error, it even works till this day and its the first 40gb to ever come out. Also, PS3 has blueray, and each game has 50gbs of data on it, and costs as much as a 360 which as 7gbs of data on each disk, so 360's games are way over priced. Its all about steping back and looking at the facts of each model. I could go on for days about this. I try not to be bias since I do have a PS3, but when I was looking to get a consel, I did all of this myself back then. I think I might make a review on the PS3 vs 360.

MooCowMan

Well it might be cheaper but you get no hard drive and you have to use memory cards, which is like one game per memory card, also if you wanted to get an aftermarket HDD that would cost an extra $100, so your already equal to the PS3 price with 60gbs less and everything else PS3 offers. Then if you want to play online you pretty much need a wireless adapter or a really really long either net cord, so at this point your in about $400 plus tax so like $425 and you dont even have everything yet that the PS3 has. Then your first month to play online is like $10 (roughly). So yes the PS3 might cost $100 more up front, but you end up saving around $150(easily) just in your first month of having it. There is only 17million Xbox Live users in the world, PS3 just broke 28million daily users, not to mention the accounts made and not used EVERYDAY but every now and then.. No system has more violent games, Xbox has the halo generation and that is about it, every other game that xbox has is out for PS3. You can even play Halo on PS3 with a bit of work, so Halo isnt even a 360 exclusive. As for your negatives, I agree completely. PS3 though you can download movies for free (I have like 50 of them so far) and I only know of 3 PS3s that broke in my school since their release which was because of person error. My cousin left her PS3 on for 9 weeks and it was fine, didnt over heat once or have the slightest error, it even works till this day and its the first 40gb to ever come out. Also, PS3 has blueray, and each game has 50gbs of data on it, and costs as much as a 360 which as 7gbs of data on each disk, so 360's games are way over priced. Its all about steping back and looking at the facts of each model. I could go on for days about this. I try not to be bias since I do have a PS3, but when I was looking to get a consel, I did all of this myself back then. I think I might make a review on the PS3 vs 360.

Xbox 360 Arcade/Pro 20GB = $200
60GB Xbox 360 Pro = $250
Elite 360 = $300

PS3 60/80GB = $250
PS3 120GB = $300

Xbox 360 Arcade doesn't come with a HDD, the other three do. Prices on the PS3 have dropped quite a bit in the past few months so right now the 360 is more expensive.. why? supply and demand ;)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10426467-17.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

The 360 is obviously not all that bad. The newest models are very reliable, matching PS3's failure rate (it's less than 2%.. something like that). Microsoft offers a ton of great features with xbox live gold. How could a worse console outsell a brilliant piece of machinery like the PS3 ;)

They both have their pros and cons and neither is really better. PS3 is obviously better for stuff like movies and media and games with really good graphics. For casual gaming, multiplayer and mod-ability (The mod community for the 360 is huge :D), the 360 is un-matched.. I often hear people who have both saying they use the PS3 as a DVD player and the 360 for gaming.

Oh, and as for the game size argument.. lol basically, game size doesn't mean anything. When you're buying a game, you're paying for the time and work that coders have put into that game and considering most games take anywhere from a year to 2 years to put into market, I say were getting a hell of a deal. It doesn't take away from gameplay at all so oh well..

You are biased =P face it.. lol

Xbox has the halo generation and that is about it, every other game that xbox has is out for PS3 (1). You can even play Halo on PS3 with a bit of work (2), so Halo isnt even a 360 exclusive.

(1) Sorry not true, (im only counting of the shelf not modding because A. its technically illegal once you start buring discs or ROMS and B. Joe Shmo wouldn't do that)

(2) Im sure you can, but how many people do? plus where's the online comunity?

I agree with Moo, your sounding biased, but hey everybody's allowed their opinion.
Sorry your argument is Invalid. But to be fair...PC FTW, nuff said. Also im biased to PC

MooCowMan

(1) Sorry not true, (im only counting of the shelf not modding because A. its technically illegal once you start buring discs or ROMS and B. Joe Shmo wouldn't do that)

I agree with Moo, your sounding biased, but hey everybody's allowed their opinion.
Sorry your argument is Invalid. But to be fair...PC FTW, nuff said. Also im biased to PC

PC is indeed FTW, but the Xbox 360 has Forza Motorsport 3 so that puts it in a second in favorites :D my third is a tie between SNES and N64. I need to get both.

Santos Bulus

There will be two types of Xbox Live for the Xbox 360. The Silver version is free and it allows you to access the Xbox Live Marketplace as well as communicate with your friends using voice chat. You cannot, however, play games online. With the Gold version of Xbox Live, you get all of the possible features and, most importantly, you can play games online. Your achievements and statistics will be archived so you can check them whenever you want and you will also be able to use video chat and video messaging. Microsoft has announced that all new Xbox 360 owners will get Gold Service for the first month and then after that the pricing will be similar to Xbox Live on the current Xbox.

Werbung:

spuznick242

I am completely bias, I'll admit it, I'm a die hard PS3 fan. And you'd be amazed at what games sony has in the store. And the average Joe Shmo does an amazing bit of burning, just check craigs list and you'll see what I mean, and online is booming for games since its free, but for burnt games there is no online directly but with proxies you can join online servers based overseas from what I understand. I made friends with 2 people who hack devices and burn games just recently and its all there, just not in any sony based games which is why there is no hackers in any games that are PS3 games specificly. As for playing Halo on the PS3, you can get the PC version and have an OS installed on your PS3 and play it, its not copied or anything.