you can't edit Miis you didn't create

beano

Major peeve. I get this message whenever I try to edit my Mii.
"You can't edit Miis you didn't create".

My Mii was created on my brother's Wii because he got his about 6 months before me.

When I copied it to my Wii I wanted to edit it but can't. I'd create a new one but I'd lose my Wii Sports points and Wii Play record. Is there any way to change the "Created By" field. I've seen something about copying it to a PC and changing the Wii ID using Mii Editor, but that would still effectively create a copy with no history (from Wii Sports/Wii Play).

Anyone know a way round this?

Werbung:

Phillysoul11

there isnt any way around it... same thing happened to me, just look at both of them and copy to the best of your ability :/ i wish you could...

beano

Nintendo are on to a real winner with the Wii but between this sort of thing, a general tendency to shaft European customers and of course those bloody friend codes they're really doing their best to screw it up for themselves.

barmyarmy6

it is a bummer, same thing happend to me!!! There is another thread that explains how to transfer mii onto your computer and edit them, maybe you could try that!!! all youn need is to save the mii on your remote and send it to your comp through bluetooth or something

beano

barmyarmy6 said:
it is a bummer, same thing happend to me!!! There is another thread that explains how to transfer mii onto your computer and edit them, maybe you could try that!!! all youn need is to save the mii on your remote and send it to your comp through bluetooth or something

Thanks, that's what I was referring to in the OP. However having done some reading it seems that you do this by changing the Wii ID (MAC address) of the Mii which would (probably I think) end up creating a 'clone' of your original Mii (in terms of appearance) instead of replacing it - so the original would keep your playing history.

If I ever get round to trying it I'll report back how it pans out.

lauren20020

beano said:
Major peeve. I get this message whenever I try to edit my Mii.
"You can't edit Miis you didn't create".

My Mii was created on my brother's Wii because he got his about 6 months before me.

When I copied it to my Wii I wanted to edit it but can't. I'd create a new one but I'd lose my Wii Sports points and Wii Play record. Is there any way to change the "Created By" field. I've seen something about copying it to a PC and changing the Wii ID using Mii Editor, but that would still effectively create a copy with no history (from Wii Sports/Wii Play).

Anyone know a way round this?

Cant you save it to your wii remote then you'll be able to change it? I dont know...
I hope it helps a little bit!! :thumbup:

barmyarmy6

beano said:
barmyarmy6 said:

Thanks, that's what I was referring to in the OP. However having done some reading it seems that you do this by changing the Wii ID (MAC address) of the Mii which would (probably I think) end up creating a 'clone' of your original Mii (in terms of appearance) instead of replacing it - so the original would keep your playing history.

If I ever get round to trying it I'll report back how it pans out.

No problem!! let me know how u get on

Werbung: