Your fav genre: NOW WITH MORE GENRES!!

Werbung:

Jordan B

He means REAL Metal. The original stuff. Not this crap we hear these days :)

I'm a Rock / Metal / Classic Rock /Country (Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash) / Seals and Crofts kinda guy.

E

Elite SEAL

He means REAL Metal. The original stuff. Not this crap we hear these days :)

I'm a Rock / Metal / Classic Rock /Country (Kenny Rogers, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash) / Seals and Crofts kinda guy.

I know he meant real metal, like Metallica and such, right? I know he didn't mean like Breaking Benjamin or Drowning Pool or something, figured that one out for myself.

Jordan B

I would more classify Metallica as Hard Rock, though definetly some Metal elements show through in quite a few of their songs.

Drowning Pool are great actually, I listen to them quite a bit.

Breaking Benjamin .... eh .

E

Elite SEAL

I would more classify Metallica as Hard Rock, though definetly some Metal elements show through in quite a few of their songs.

Drowning Pool are great actually, I listen to them quite a bit.

Breaking Benjamin .... eh .

Metallica is hard rock? Oh, I was told it was metal, hmm.

Are you kind of on the edge about liking Breaking Benjamin? Cause I think they are great -look up "The Diary of Jane", "Breath", "Dance With the Devil", and "Topless"(there is a clean version)

I only know downing pool from "bodies", and it's ok, lots of screming.

BossMaroni

metal? I thought you would just like rock pretty much, since you like Pink Floyd and such, and plus you are a little older adult.

The metal bands I like are the bands that INVENTED metal. I didn't list my favorite bands (since that's not the pint of this thread), but they run from pop & rock to punk & metal And other genres). OVERALL, my tastes lie with rock/metal.

Werbung:

BossMaroni

Metallica is hard rock? Oh, I was told it was metal, hmm.

The classification of MANY bands as hard rock vs. heavy metal is up for tons of debate, which is just a waste of time. I like the bands I like, regardless of genre.

Are you kind of on the edge about liking Breaking Benjamin? Cause I think they are great -look up "The Diary of Jane", "Breath", "Dance With the Devil", and "Topless"(there is a clean version)

The fact that there's a clean version of ANY song is offensive to me. The F-bomb can't hurt anyone.

Sometimes I tend to forget that there are kids on the board too. I wouldn't want a bunch of old guys swearing around MY son either (then again, he's 7, not a teenager). By the time I was a teenager, my friends and I swore like sailors when our parents weren't around, and this was WELL before the rise of the internet.

[to get off-topic] Language on this board is supposed to be kept at PG-13 according to the TOS. I assume that references the American film ratings system. On another thread (which I think is now closed), we were reminded to keep the discussion PG (which is a contradiction right there). Well, I've heard plenty of "naughty" words and seen topless women in films rated PG, so I think the TOS needs to be updated. Thoughts anyone?