850 xt pro vs. 850 xt pro platinum edition

Ind3lible

Does $50 make that much of a difference? I'm debating on which to get. I have a $100 gift card to best buy but they don't have the Platinum edition.

Here's the comparision chart - LINK

Werbung:

MoneyShot

I dont know of the platinum and the xt editions have different heatsinks, the platinum is a doubledecker card. I would pay the extra 50 for a nice factory heatsink and 10 percent more performance.

I am absolutely not brand loyal to any company, the 7800GT has more legs than the 850 pe at the same price at best buy.

LINK

mYth

Indelible said:
Yeah but I don't have a pci express port...

Then snag up a mb that has one......hell, if ur runnin an AMD Athlon XP(or fucking Intel!) or better, u can snag one for $50-75 easy

Just compair them here:

http://www.pricegrabber.com

Casualty

for agp the x850 xt pe is the best...

i would recommend getting the best you can afford... so if you ahve the 50 bucks then go for it

imported_SuXoR

If I were in your situation, I would get an SLI capable mb with pci express, and spend less on your video card. When you do have the money, get a 2nd card and run them in SLI.

Pros of doing it this way:
You will have current technology cpu and mb
You will have current technology vid card
You will not be stuck with a video card that will not do SLI (unless you get a crossfire mb and an identical card) and AGP is dead.
Potential for greater performance when you get a 2nd card and run in SLI

Cons:
Initial cash outlay will be grater for a smaller gaming performance boost.
You have to buy stuff at best buy (newegg - good prices and no sales tax)

MoneyShot

SuXoR said:
If I were in your situation, I would get an SLI capable mb with pci express, and spend less on your video card. When you do have the money, get a 2nd card and run them in SLI.

Pros of doing it this way:
You will have current technology cpu and mb
You will have current technology vid card
You will not be stuck with a video card that will not do SLI (unless you get a crossfire mb and an identical card) and AGP is dead.
Potential for greater performance when you get a 2nd card and run in SLI

Cons:
Initial cash outlay will be grater for a smaller gaming performance boost.
You have to buy stuff at best buy (newegg - good prices and no sales tax)

hrm. thats a tough sell. I guess it would depend on current system specs. If we are talking a 3ghz p4 skt 478 thats one thing, an xp1700 is a different matter.

Ind3lible

I think I'm gonna go with a new mobo and buy the card Money recommended from best buy since I have the gift card to there.

As of now I have a Athlon 64 3200 cpu which I'm gonna transfer to the new mobo.

Dirty

I'm buying his old shit...

So I will see if Ema's claim about a better machine makes you better... If it is true, yall look the fuck out.

MoneyShot

what you should not be concerned about is your fastest FPS, the biggest advantage of a strong system is getting over 30 fps when all sorts of shit is happening on the screen.

so you have a venice core 939? whats dirty going to get when its all over?

Werbung: