A funny thing happened

Tal-Shar

So here I am.

Sitting in my living room, chilling out after a hard day. Just got done playing some HL2, and was relaxing in a kind way. 420 had come and gone, but at my place it was still 420. Large glass contraption sitting on the living room table. My fiancee on her computer, everythings cool. So there's a knock at the door.

My buddy's coming over. We're gonna go out and play poker. So I swing over to the door, and start to unlock it. But then that little bit of paranoia kicks in, so I look thru the eyehole. Noone there. "Hello?", I inquire.

And then the cop steps into view. "Mr X?" Only X was my last name and I'm about to lose it. "Uhhh, just a minute". So I scramble around, putting stuff away. "Just a second, I'm putting on my jeans" I cleverly speak at the door, which I envision being busted down at any moment. I tell my fiancee what's up, and she heads into the back of the apt.

So i put on my coat, step outside, and prepare to deal with the situation. The cop in question had actually started walking away at this point. "Mr. X?", he asks?

Uhhhh yeah.

I've been sent out to bring you this. Its a grand jury summons.

huh?

They want you to be a juror.

uhhhh thanks

Walk back inside. Sit down. Tell my fiancee what just happened.

Ten minutes later, my buddy knocks at the door. I look thru the peephole before touching the locks, and pack a few rounds to calm me down.

Whew.

-Tal Shar

Werbung:

Puppet

Jury duty is a cinche, but I think they'll make you leave the bong at home. Be prepared to say witty things like, "Some of my best freinds are racists" and "I'm sorry, but I know the defendant from my cleptomaniac anonymous group" and "I kill counter terrorists on a regular basis".

ChadJohnson

lmao...this is ridiculous. Two days ago i just got a letter in the mail telling me i'm assigned to jury duty as well. kinda wierd huh??? I haven't gone down to the court house yet but don't wanna do it :oops:

I look at jurry duity as a cost of being an American. How the heck is some poor schmuck gona get a jurry of his peers if none of the cannabis users show up to represent? how would you like to face a jurry and think "oh shit all the tokers made excuses so now I get to be judged by these straight mother fuckers" . You think that you don't like the legal system? take part in it before you complain it is unjust or unfair. I have been there done that, and you get alot of LAW and very little justice.

I have never been on a jurry, but I did show up and was honest durring the selection process when I was called.

I would have personaly shit a brick 8O if I had LEO at my door and didn't know why. It's a good thing you knew beter than to let them inside without a warrant, smart man. K+ ;)

Ind3lible

I had fun my first day of jury duty. Wore a Black Panther t-shirt and told the lawyer that I could not convict anyone (think I had him speechless). Sent the lot of us home after 2 days. You do get paid for it usually. The only bad thing is the early morning call to sit and wait hours and hours with a bunch of strangers in a brightly lit room. Well at least that's been my experience here in NYC.

was the same thing in StLouis, atleast they had a rooftop smoking area you could look over downtown and read a book. geting paied? lol Free parking in a building I would never want to visit, $11.00 a day for "expenses" hold me back, it only took 7 weeks to get my check!

Mastercard?

Reciving summons for jurry duty :$free
getting picked for jury duty:$free
buying lunch, books, and coffee for 24 days: $734.00 (less $204.00 jury pay)
Getting to chose the chemical castration, and 22 year imprisonment of a child molester:$priceless

Fenire

here in the big north, Canada, jury duty isn't mandetory you can do it if you like or you can say fuck them. but im too younge to... hell i cant even drink yet... but give me 12 more days then i can just go to quebec and drink all the way to stupor

Werbung: