Aiming Help

Enderz.

how u do attack but it doesnt aim.. for example if u press attack it just attacks in front of u and it doesnt go up to the unit and attack him. So if u hit no one it doesnt do damage to any1.

Werbung:

Arkidas

I would try to make this with an ability and triggers.
First you should create an ability based on Feral Spirit for example. ( Far Seer's Wolfs ) Then you can make it summon nothing, Change the icon and make it an unit ability if you want.
After that you could with triggers do something like..

Events -> Units uses an ability

Conditions -> Ability equal to "The Ability You Made"

Actions -> Order casting unit to attack ( Then you mess something with it )

I might look better at this when I'm home.

lord_carbo

You mean if a unit is moving it will attack to where they would move, but if they change direction they won't get damaged? If you have Uther Party Gold 0.5, check out the archer game. That map is open, and I'll upload it later if you want.

Laosh'Ra

i suggest makin the unit artillery type with small range (melee ~128) and small aoe (~80?). then use the action "Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack Ground ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)". i guess u should experiment with the values on ur own. just make the attackrange at least as high as the offset.

Enderz.

Umm i just want it to attack in front of u and if a unit is in front it will die. if its no unit then nothin dies (still attacks in front) Ground wont work bc it attacks far and u can end up missin them when their right in front of u... and u have to move bak. Its somethin like shockwave

Umm i just want it to attack in front of u and if a unit is in front it will die. if its no unit then nothin dies (still attacks in front) Ground wont work bc it attacks far and u can end up missin them when their right in front of u... and u have to move bak. Its somethin like shockwave
[/b]
Can't you just make a short-ranged shockwave then?
(Unless you want it where you don't need to select a target)
OR. You said that if the unit is right in front of you it won't damage the unit. Well just make the AOE (area of effect) larger around the target, or change the offset so it does. (And if you are worried about it damaging the casting unit just ["Make casting unit invunerable" "Order catsing unit to damage X area by X offset" "Make casting unit vunerable"])

~Dest

Laosh'Ra

[/b]

u obviously didnt really read what i put -.- the aoe is higher than the range so theres no way you can miss those directly in front of u. its like shooting directly on the ground in front of the unit covering itself with the splash (without damaging it ofc). you DONT have to move back.
however if you want another solution, run 2 conditions: distance between the 2 units and angle (tolerated offset of the facing angle). i still suggest the close-range splash though.

LeviathanReborn

What you need:
-Create an ability based on war stomp, set its damage to 0 and area of effect to 0, rename it to ur ability and set the text descriptions and watever else u wanna change.

-Then create another ability based on carrion swarm and make it a unit ability. Set its damage to the damage of the ability you are making. Set MP used to 0 and distance to how far you want the aiming to be. Lastly, change the missile to the projectile that your unit is gonna aim and fire.

-Create a unit base on footman, give him the Invulnerable, the edited Carrion Swarm and the locust ability. Set under Art, its shadow image - Center Y, shadow image - Center X, shadow image - Height and shadow image - Width to all 0. Under combat, attacks enabled, set it to none. Set its movement type to fly.

Now for the triggering:
Events:

-Unit- Unit starts the effect of an ability.

Conditions:

-Ability Comparison- (Ability being cast) equal to (the edited war stomp)

Actions:

-Animation- Play (Casting unit)'s attack animation
-Unit- Create 1 (edited footman) for (Casting unit) at (position of casting unit) facing default building facing.
-Unit- Add a 2 seconds Generic expiration timer to (Last Created Unit)
-Unit- Order (Last Created Unit) to Undead Dreadlord- Carrion Swarm (Position of Casting Unit) offset by 100 towards (Facing of Casting Unit) degrees.

That should be all. Im gonna try it to be sure now.

EDIT: Yeah, okay its correct.

LeviathanReborn

Ummm this has nothing to do with BUFF?? And also, you may use carrion swarm, breath of fire, and shockwave in this case. But i think u should use that way, it should work if u try.

Werbung:

Zergleb

Find a tutorial on Triggered "dummy" spells, they are all over the place they wont be hard to find. Then you just make this dummy spell based off of No Target type spell such as War Stomp, then you take away the effects damage and buffs of the spell(therefore making it a dummy spell) then you trigger the spell to damage all in 65 range of a point offset of the triggering unit about 30 range in the angle of the triggering units facing.

And ofcourse make sure that you set the animation for the spell to - attack