Am i stealing??

Werbung:

Becky

If you mean you are using someone else's internet connection over wireless without their permission then technically, yes, you are stealing it.

Danny

Becky said:
If you mean you are using someone else's internet connection over wireless without their permission then technically, yes, you are stealing it.
No.. Lol ;)
Permission or not it's not stolen.. you're not gonna use it forever.. besides you're paying more than he/she most likely for the internet access..

Becky

How is it not stealing Danny? If someone else is paying for the connection and he is not, then it's theft. Especially if you take into account that many ISPs have download caps or introduce traffic shaping when a certain bandwidth limit is reached. This means lu1g1 could be affecting the person's account, though I consider it unlikely as just how much does one download via their Wii?

It's perhaps not considered a serious form of theft though, as many people do it and the person paying doesn't always notice. Not to mention that because it's not something physical being stolen, people don't think it's so bad.

You can look at it the other way of course - if the person paying is silly enough not to secure their network then perhaps they deserve it. But that's a whole different debate. :D

BTW, hockeyhero - I imagine lu1g1 posted it in here because he's talking about his Wii using the aforementioned connection. It would probably have been better suited to the Wii General forum though. :)

Kurrus

Most likely you are using someone else's connection, but only if you're sure that you don't have any wireless router.

It might be that you have wireless, but you don't know it. It happened to us once, and we bought a brand new router, paid it, and took a whole week to configure it and wait until our ISP granted us access to the verification server they use for unknown purposes and objectices, and then we found out a convenient "Wireless network on/off" switch in the back of our router, as well as a small antenna.

Werbung:

hockeyhero

lu1g1 said:
ok thanks everyone....im going to get wireless... my apologies for posting this in the wrong section.....

It's okay Lu1g1...when i first came here i posted in the wrong section too.....eventually you'll get a hold of it.........:friends: