Another HeatoN big-post (following Dirty's post)

Crisis

Well, as far as CS to CZ, if someone said they didn't see a difference, then they didn't know enough about CS. I saw the changes right away in CZ. Now of course, when switching from CS to CZ, I first noticed the problems (like with CS.S) however I think the difference is that the improvements in CZ over CS was apparent. Better net code, better filtering, better voice transmission, better graphics, etc...

But here's the big difference between CZ coming out and CS.S. CZ, played well right off the bat, the game play was improved but not changed so much that you had to readjust your whole playing strategy. The only thing you can say good about source is that it looks better....That doesn't cut it for me. The rag-doll physics model is useless, it looks cool, but has no purpose. If it was toned down, we could all get better FPS in CS.S.

The changes in game play are also for the worse in CS from CZ. When CZ came out they made the delay between switching from a D-Eagle to an AWP longer (to match the rest of the guns)(like the. This was a change that made sense. In CS.S you have a very large delay between switching guns and being able to fire, there is no point to that, it's not more realistic, it doesn't balance out anything...it's just a pain in the ass.

Also, the thing that I bitch about the most, the lack of security. This is just common sense.

What else, in CZ, we got new weapons. The Famas, Defender, and Shield. What new did we get with Source? Nothing. We have better flash bangs and smokes, but we also have grenades that bounce around like a fucking rubber ball. Not to mention that the aiming of them is completely screwed. Take Aztec, I watched multiple people (T side) go to the net-room and try to throw grenades over the box. Every single person who threw had the grenade bounce off of air behind them. Clearly the physics behind them is screwed or this may be related to the oh so random shot physics.

Lastly, I CS.S taking the same patch that UT2003 took. The biggest old school rivalry in gaming was UT players vs Quakers. Quake 3 vs UT (they were released at the same time) looked and acted completely differently. Quake was a much more fast paced game, with higher damage. UT was slower and allowed players to take a lot more damage the majority of the time. But when UT2003 came out, it was faster and more aggressive; they moved the game to be more like Quake (I won't explain why right now). CS.S has taken the same path and (like with the UT players) is pissing off the majority of the fan-base.

So what's the end result....well I've become bored and uninterested in CS.S as have other members and regulars of PuNx. This isn't isolated either. CS.S has really fucked up the gaming and CS community. Despite the fact that the CPL is doing its largest tourney ever...the big names arent in it. Even the mighty sK| has split and is now a whole new team. HeatoN no longer players CS etc... etc...

In short Valve can piss-off and has succeeded it screwing up what made them, I'm sure the creators of CS are rolling in their chairs as we speak.
-HeatoN.Jr, resident rant king-

Werbung:

slick

Your first large post in which you don't mention that "I know what I'm talking about ,I got a letter from GWB".... :p just kidding Heaton .
BTW I agree.

Casualty

i agree also, source looking better isnt enough for me to wanna play it, if i wanted a game taht looked the best i wouldnt have ever played cs. there are alot of games out there taht look better than cs, but we all play it becuase we enjoy the game, source isnt nearly as fun as cs or cz,

just my two cents

- Casualty

Defender

I have had enough of source as well. I tried it months ago and didnt like it. I tried it now...still don't like it. It's better...the mods are there. But the gameplay is NOT.

Expect CZ to be back asap. Within 48 hours as a matter of fact. I already went and installed the files..I just have to modify and install all our plugins that we used. It's 2-3 more hours if I am lucky.

CZ rocked

slick

Defender said:
I have had enough of source as well. I tried it months ago and didnt like it. I tried it now...still don't like it. It's better...the mods are there. But the gameplay is NOT.

Expect CZ to be back asap. Within 48 hours as a matter of fact. I already went and installed the files..I just have to modify and install all our plugins that we used. It's 2-3 more hours if I am lucky.

CZ rocked

definetly limbo!!!!! yeaeeaaaahhhhhh. 2-3 hours??!! what am i gonna do meanwhile?

rocklee

I'm glad that Defender is putting the CZ server back up. Just last night I was on the CSS server and it just wasn't cutting it for me. I left and went to the CZ A4H server and found some PuNx regulars and a PuNx member in fact! I agree with Heaton, it does look better but if we just wanted eye candy, we'd just buy posters of beautiful women (or men for those few girl players)...

When we bought HL2, we were expecting a better looking CZ but also as good, if not better, game play. The game play and the interactions with the regulars is what made the CZ PuNx server so great! Hope to see you all in the New Old CZ server! :D

But I'd also like to note that Defender did do a great job setting up the CSS server tho! =) Keep up the great work!

DiLLa

omg no offense heaton but i couldnt read all that...and yay for defendder ur server was great bro...glad to see its coming back!

Crisis

Hey, yeah I should be able to play again soon. My ISP has a technician talking to me like twice a freakin' week right now...no I mean this guy actually comes by my apartment looking ashamed because they need me to give them status updates about their network.

WoRm5406

You can always use the line....

"Who do I need to contact at the Public Service Commission to have this resolved?"

PSC complaints are handled pretty quickly. as long as they are service releasted issues that you are getting that are not the same of your neighbors. You can't expect to get 1gig when your neighbors only have 1meg connections. It it is shown to be avaiable to others around you.

Most techs prob wont know who to contact. but that will deffently (normally) spur a little anexity.

Around here I have called the office of the president for Verizon (East Coast) and did a complaint on a chronic request. Well within 48 hours I had a meeting scheduled with the 5 people from the tech to the regional supervisor.

And yes it was Verizon issue. One replaced ground clip and all the problems for us and the Joe-Homeowners areound us were fixed. Geezes it had only been 3 years of complaints from others.. and I had only worked on fixing our problem for 4 months.

slick

This fuckin sux.
We have the same problem with Charter. During daytime the connection drops even to 0.5 Megs At night it's ok....sometimes it's 8PM sometimes 11PM. Weekends it works fine most of the day.
I called charter(1-800 number)...they called a local technician..this guy calls me the next day saying there's nothing he can do ,they have the same connection at the office. he says the problem is comming somwhere from Sprint and they are trying to fix it...for a few months now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I should call back the 1-800 number and tell them that theres nothing they(locally) can do...........so the short end of the stick award goes to ME !!! ain't that the fucking icing on the fucking cake....
I wish I would leave in a fucking fancy community with 20 other CZ players and we could take them fuking bitchess to court...that would get things going I think. A million dollar lawsuit. goddam motherfukres
Now im even more pissed. BTW last night I think i fractured one of my knockles again punching the damn table, cause of the motherfuking ping........

Werbung:

DigitalSword

Cable and dsl prices are [retty much the same nowadays, i pay 39.95 for my wonderful cable service. It has yet to let me down....and they recently upgraded our 5mbps lines to 7mbps...how groovy

ds