Aos Spawning

Killer_n00b

I have made a AOs map i no how to spawn creeps and their movement, but 4 some reason it laggs the map so much when i have the cr8ting creeps trigger turned on, and i only have creeps spawning for one team.

If anyone could help greatly apperictiated.

thx for your time.

Werbung:

Undead_Lives

How many lanes does your AoS have? Also, how many units are in each spawn? You might want to limit the number of units that spawn, that creates quite a bit of lag.

Undead_Lives

I'd say the problem isn't in your trigger.
There are a few reasons for lag:
1. Large map size.
2. Excessive use of doodads, ESPECIALLY Cinematic ones.
3. Too many triggers running at once. (Converting to JASS reduces lag, but it's optional)

I'd say if you're experiencing that much lag with just 4 lanes and 6 units, you better watch your doodad count.

Benx_X

Last time i saw it the only doodads he had was trees, joel try starting again without that dota template cause im pretty sure that is quite big.

Killer_n00b

what the memory size or the diemensions:

dimensions:192x192

Memory:less then 700 kb

and my doodadas at loading says 5000 that way 2 much trees hay?

Benx_X

joel just ignoring what i say about starting again isnt gonna help, also its a waste that doom is making heros when the maps so laggy >_>

Xenoche

Its not doodads, my King Arthurs hero siege has over 6000 and it doesnt lag. Also, I have massive spawns, which surprise surprise, dont lag (KahS has 10 enemy bases each spawning 8 creeps (early game) too up to 16+ (late game). So I would say 4 spawns of a few creeps would be no reason to lag at all. If you can post your spawning triggers we could get a better idea how to help you.

EDIT: You dont happen to have any heroes in your spawns, this is a big no no (speaking from experience, back in the day when i made Chaos Wars Beta) Heroes for some reason can lag like a beast when thier spawned.

PiRho

One thing you might try is spreading out the unit spawn.

For example, if you were trying to spawn 10 units in each lane, instead of creating them all at once, try creating 2 units, then waiting 0.1 seconds, then creating 2 more, then waiting 0.1 seconds, and so forth.

Even so, it sounds like something else is up because most maps should be fine creating 20-30 units at a time (without lag).

Benx_X

Xeno why dont you upload your soul harvester TD and that map were you got to destroy the enemies icons they are heaps good ^^

Werbung:

Xenoche

Ok, might do later, they would have changed a lot from the last time you tested them. lol Where would I Upload them, is there a maps area in Anvil?