ATI 9550

Agent Mulder

Is this a good card? I am thinking of buying it. Also, what is the minimum RAM for CS:S? Will this card alone improve my CZ FPS, or will extra RAM be needed? Thanks for answering!

Werbung:

XxxRanciDxxX

How much are you looking to spend for a graphics card, because honestly, the last year or year and a half batch of ATI cards have been pretty sub par when compared to Nvidea in almost every benchmark.

Agent Mulder

Scratch that. I may go with a GeForce 6800. The 9500 was on sale for $60 and I thought, Ooo cheapo card. But now that I think about it, why not blow another hundred and get something a hell of a lot better.

MoneyShot

yes it depends on what you are looking for. a 6800xx series rocks in source, now they have an agp version of a 7800 for under 300 bucks also.

THe best deals I have seen on 6800's is about 160 on newegg.

mom

card

i would say 512 ram is a standard but i may be wrong. i have two stick of 256 on my laptop and i run a monbility ati radeon 7500 which is a 64mb video card. and source runs like a charm. my ping is usually 30 to 40 when i source. and my ms is usually in the 10-20's with choke 5-10 so...
and i have cable for internet.
hope this helps homie

Werbung:

mYth

moneyShot said:
now they have an agp version of a 7800 for under 300 bucks also.

Go here and find a 6800GS......awesome as hell for a low price, but in reference to money's qoute, here is the vid card:

http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__eVGA_e_GeForce_7800_GS_Video_Card,__16789863

I personally reccomend e-VGA cards bc of their reliability and their ease of OC (if needed of course)