Battle Field 2

spuznick242

I got the game a few years ago and just recently I decided to install it again and play. Well its installed but when I go to open it, it opens and starts but the a black window opens up then closes. Also I dont know how to install the updates, I heard you just doulbe click on it and it should update but last time I tried it didnt work like that at all, well it just didnt work. The game isnt installed right and I dont know what the problem can be, I do have vista, and I tried playing the game as admin. Thanks for the help ahead of time.

Werbung:

spuznick242

I got it working! But I still neep to update it. I got working with upgrading my graphics card drivers. But could someone just tell me how to update the game? When I recently restored my computer when my OS crashed it restored to factory settings so the drivers to my aftermarket graphics card we're installed, so the game works, just its not updated. Thanks, I'm downloading the update now, I just dont know how to update it.

spuznick242

Yea, I got it working now, I just have a serious lag and I cant figure out why. There is pretty much 4gbs of ram free and well over 95% of my hard drive, my internet is insanely fast. I'm just taking my brothers word on whats happening. There is also a few other random programs that arent working either. Any help anyone?

Strange enough, i had this problems last week...
Do you have lag in single player? Cause that's what i have/had.

As for updates, mine patched when i installed it. What BF2 did you get? The complete collection? Just the standalone BF2 ?

spuznick242

I got the BF2 orignal with Special forces expansion built in. I was just playing and I got kicked from Punk Buster and it said "Server Requires (A1392 C2.212)- Error Loading pbcl." I'm not too sure if I lag in single player, I'll try it. I remember the first time I got the game I had to turn off windows security because norton and vista wouldnt let it access the web. Also patch 1.5 wouldnt work for me. I can get into 90 or so games with 1.41 is 1.50 not needed or am I just playing on the servers who didnt update yet? I just did a whole single player game and didnt have a single problem (other than one death) and my internet speed is almost 10mbs per second and I had a ping of like 250 and lagging like crazy.

Hmm, im gonna take a wild guess, but maybe the booster pack/expansions(armored fury and euro something) is version 1.50, cause that's the one im running.

you lag in single player it may be because you don't have enough RAM. Apparently you need 2 GB although it doesn't say that on the box. Although im not too sure about that.

Werbung:

spuznick242

I have 4 gbs and I dont lag at all on single player. I figure it out. I needed to update punkbuster which really helped out. I still have a really bad lag though every now and then, and it just says connecton error which usually goes away after a second or two. Thanks for the help, if anyone has any connection suggestions or tips it would be greatly appreicated.